Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YIFFALICIOUS BUILD 0.1f character models not showing up.

edited 9:35PM in Issues
Hey guys/gals i just download 0.1f build and tried to run it. On started up the first thing i notice is there is no characters and when i go to the list of available pose i can see them but not get them to work in game. Not long after that the game will crash.

Here are my computers specs:
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770k CPU @ 3.5oGHz 3.5o GHz
Ram: 16 GB
video card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:35PM
    Hm that's odd.

Do you have any anti virus that's preventing yiffalicious from loading all files correctly?
  • edited 9:35PM
    i have norton, but i already followed the steps on my firewall to let it run.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Yeah but this might be a file permission issue. We had another user who's anti virus was preventing yiffalicious from reading its own files. You may want to check into that. This has nothing to do with the firewall.

• odesodes Administrator
    If you go to the yiffalicious_Data folder, there should be a .log file in there. Please give it to me.
    i dont seem to have a .log file or im not looking in the right place. the close thing i have is output_log
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited August 2015
    Sorry yeah, that's what I meant.

Please cause the errors, and then send the file to me.
  • odesodes Administrator
    An anti virus or something else is preventing yiffalicious from reading files. Please allow Yiffalicious to read its own files.
    On that note, always check your firewall and antivirus whenever any problem happens exactly when you start a program. You might say: "What? Firewall too?". Yes, your firewall too. For instance, my and many others' firewall causes Five Nights at Freddy's 4 to freeze my/their computer with a black screen. FNAF doesn't even use the internet if you're playing in offline mode, which I was. It seems to be the COMODO firewall but it doesn't necessarily have to be the only one. I also have (well, "had" now that I know where the problem lies) the same problem with some Unity-based games. However, Yiffalicious seems to have no problems with my firewall.
    I already have my firewall set to let the program run (norton) says everythings ok to go but I'm still having the same issue. I've already gone to my firewall settings, then to program control and turn the program yillalicious to always allow.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited August 2015
    Have you configured norton in any specific way? Because if you haven't it may be blocking this uncommon exe from reading any files as a default measure. You may need to add an exception for it. If all else fails, try to temporarily completely shut off the anti virus and see if it helps.

Quite literally, Yiffalicious.exe is not allowed to read the dll runtimes (the code) and thus cannot run properly.