Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My thoughts so far

So, I've been playing around a bit, and decided to write some of the things I noticed.

First of all, the controls seem awful. I usually try to move around with the alternative Tab motions, since it's much easier for me to keep the camera in check. The normal mode just likes to screw me over with setting the camera to somewhere else. Mainly because sometimes I have to click Tab to enable shortcuts (those are not very intuitive but learnable) and sometimes forget to switch, or when it switches itself when I perform certain actions. Why is there no Center View button?

Another thing I noticed is that quite often I can't grasp the thingies around the joints to move/rotate them. They refuse to highlight. I wonder why? Also - humper positioning. Needs a lot getting used to, and it really is terrible.

There should be more options to customize characters position. It'd become easier to set pose, while getting a better outcome. Control over fingers, passive breast bones for better parenting, etc. And what annoys me greatly, is that doing corrections is extremely time consuming. If you set few, let's call it 'shapekeys', you've got a lot of moving those joints around. And if you have a full scene going on and you just want to move it a little bit to the left, heavens have mercy on your soul.
More props would be nice as well, and perhaps a possibility to parent bone to object and vice versa? I can see some uses to that.

Can I expect that snapshots will affect the pose as well, not only some sliders? So I can have the animation more dynamic? What about more control over random movement?

On the other hand I've been wondering about models... For now, we have basic characters - two hands, two legs, sometimes a tail, sometimes rotable ears. So I guess if the custom characters were added at this moment, they would have those characteristics. But what in the future? Wings? Snake tails? These things need a whole different approach if they are to be playable in real-time. How would this work out, or is it to soon to ask?

Well, I guess I ran out of things to write about. Hope I did made the impression of being all-mopey and pessimistic about this, in fact I love the whole project.

Comments

• edited June 2016
    You are aware that everything so far on the game is an alpha, and is wip, right?