Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Surprising limitations - display risky tensions already in edit mode?

edited 1:54PM in Suggestions
Hello everyone. Finally able to register here, after some failure...

I already created a few scenes, but I noticed how hard it can be to predict if they will pass thresholds of the bones system. One example was simply trying to bend the tail of the Cat as close as possible to the back and over her shoulder to let her play with the tip ... as soon as I started to test it, the tail tip started to bend away and curl up. Another example is going to extremes with body bending, trying to make a female (e.g. Bunny) fisting herself: You may be able to bend the body until it is possible to insert her own hand, but as soon as you test it, the body snaps back to convenience limits you dod not expect during editing.

I hope you are able to somehow display the degree of tension at the joints (at least if they pass a threshold) to predict whether a pose would probably cause issues during an animated scene.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 1:54PM
    Can you send me the interaction file where this happens.
  • edited 1:54PM
    You may use one of my already published scenes: In "catcleanse", the tail tip immediately jumps out of place when starting to play. Is that because it "enters" the other body?

There is another scene I did not yet want to publish incompletely, so please tell me how to send it to you; I found the local file.
  • odesodes Administrator
    You can just upload it somewhere and link it. 
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/6oed38j77z0wslz/BabysittingGoneWrong.yiff - WIP: Bunny got twisted too much, as soon as I start to play the animation she snaps a bit back upright, which pulls her arm through other body parts.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Drag physics ik to zero and chest weight to zero.
    Will try, thank you (rather the chest weight than the Physics IK, though, a slightly moving hand is useful here).

Ready to publish in case of success...  B)