Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Extra Skins

The extra skins are available at the $9 Patreon pledge level. Are the skins available permanently after one month of a $9 pledge, or is access removed if the pledge level is later moved below $9 ?

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 1:29PM
    Right now it's $9 per month. We want to change this tier though, making it both cheaper and more featured than it is today.

There's a bug currently in the latest public build where you can access the skins without paying. Simply use the dropdown to set a value manually. If you're solely pledging for these benefits and not to support the project itself, then I suggest you go for this instead.
  • edited July 2016
    Most of my support for projects is with altruistic intent. In this case, access to a feature is gained and then lost depending on an an-going pledge commitment.

I know I'm risking being annoying, however it seems to me a better deal is to eventually make access to non-service feature permanently obtainable instead of temporary rented. For instance, 2-3 months of the pledge level gives permanent access to any non-service feature. Since itch is now available as well, these feature could be purchased directly. Access to non-service features could be a $10 buy for a permanent activation,  or aspects like textures could be sold individually as $1 items or in bundles.

The idea is that, although I would like to support a project, I would also sometime like access to a particular product features, however do not want to rent for a $48 a year ( [9-5]*12 expecting 5/month as what I would like to support with ).

Understand I'm not intending to be jerk, I want to support project because I like what you do and effort being expended. I'm trying to position feedback is all. Not doing above I'll still support.

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 1:29PM
    The problem is that the furry demographic isn't big enough to support the development of titles such as this unless users are charged periodically. One time purchases work well for games with several thousands if not millions of users, but we only have a couple of hundred willing to pay for this sort of content. The only reason we've been able to work on this game for so long is because people are willing to support us month after month, and we believe people are more likely to support us if they get some kind of reward for their commitment.

That said, I agree the $9 pledge tier is off right now.