Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Error Code 80004005

edited 3:59AM in Issues
Hey guys i'm having a issue with installing the newest version of the game (5.4) . I know almost nothing about computers and software and was hoping you guys can help. I downloaded the Zip file successful how ever, when i try to extract it, a error code comes up and prevents me from installing it, Error code 80004005. I did some research and it says to install a type of program or software that fixes it, but I'm not even sure what it is nor am i sure if i should trust the people on the forums saying to install it. I just want to know what it is and if I can fix it, and if so how i can fix it. Thanks for reading and hope to get some response. 

Comments

• edited 3:59AM
    Can you post a screenshot of the error? Also it would be useful to know the basic technical specs of your computer (CPU, memory amount, graphics card model, windows version)
  • edited July 2016
    CPU: Intel Core i5
    Memory: 300GB
    Graphics card: no idea sorry, don't even know where to look.
    And Windows 10, recently downloaded
    and having some difficulty attaching a screen shot
    Sorry if I'm not being any help, I am a complete amateur at this stuff. 
    Don't worry about being a newbie, everyone is at the start.
    The memory you have given us is the storage capacity, we need to know about RAM. You can get all this data pressing the Windows key on your keyboard and then "Pause / Break", or right-clicking on "This PC" and selecting "Properties".
    About your graphics card, you can get this information running DxDiag. Just press the start button, type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then go to the "display" tab.
    Also, is this a laptop or a desktop computer?
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 3:59AM
    You shouldn't need any external program to install the game.

Did you try the installer instead of the zip? Or what error did you get with the installer?
    Firstly, just wanted to say thank you for helping me out and sorry for the late post and future others, my working schedule can be unpredictable at times.
    Now, Horsie, im attempting to install this on my Laptop, i don't have a PC. 
    And odes yes i have tried installer instead of zip and doesn't work.
    I have never had this problem  with 4.4, i downloaded it as Zip, extracted it with ease and not a single problem playing it. This has only occured with 5.4. The error pop up just says that it can not find a destination for the files because of error code 80004005, it does this to almost all the files when attempting to extract them.
    Im currently on a break at my work place and typing this message on my phone, and might not be able to go on my Laptop today but i did some more research. Went online and it said it has something to do with a corupted windows file but i recently downloaded another furry/yiff game using the same method and it worked without any problems. So i then deleted the zip file and re-downloaded it and the same issue occured.
    I have screen shots of what happence but when ever i try to attach the images, it doesnt work. I hope this helped, and again thanks. 
    Right, so did what you said Horsie, went to 'This PC' right clicked properties and i have
    4.00GB (3.89 usable) of RAM
  • edited July 2016
    Try this:
    • Install 7-Zip. This is a free program to manage compressed files. Go to http://7-zip.org/ and download the 64 bit version, install it. This is a safe program (no bloatware added, no malware, 100% free and legal)
    • Use the "7-Zip File Manager" in the start menu to open the Yiffalicious zip file you downloaded. It should be in "C:\Users\[Name of the user]\Downloads"
    • Press the test button to check if the zip you downloaded is ok. If not, download again and retry the test.
    • If the zip file tests ok, use the "Extract" button to extract all the files to a folder. Do not extract to a system folder (not C:\Program Files nor C:\Windows, etc). You can create a folder in C:\ called "Games", inside one called "Yiffalicious", so you extract all the files to "C:\Games\Yiffalicious"
    • Use the "This PC" icon to navigate to C:\Games\Yiffalicious and run the game.
    Also, the easiest way to post a screenshot online, is this webpage: https://snag.gy/
    Open the link, do the screenshot (use the "Print Screen" key on your keyboard) and once uploaded, copy and paste the link on the reply to this forum.
    HEY I GOT IT WORKING!! All thanks to the both of you! I successful installed the game, thank you Horsie and thank you odes. I cant wait to start playing it tomorrow.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 3:59AM
    Thanks Horsie for helping out.