Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

FenrirWolfe Suggestions

2»

Comments

• edited 2:33AM
    Alright, here are some more "two pennies' worth" from me.

PAGE NUMBER
    I've decided to go through every single animation available in the interactions gallery and vote and vote and vote.... Eventually I burn out and/or the program crashes (because of not enough physical memory I think and that's my problem - I can't prove anything, no crash log gets generated). When I choose to return to it, I have to click the "Next page" button A LOT. I'd love to see a way to see the page number on each page as well as a way to switch directly to another. I would prefer if it would be done by writing down a number somewhere, clicking ENTER and it would go to the page number that had been written down. Two more ways that come to mind are hyperlinks or a slide-down menu.

KNEE ANCHORS TOGGLEABLE BETWEEN POSITIONAL OR ROTATIONAL
    Browsing through many of the interactions I've noticed that many poses suffer from anti-gravity knees (they float up and down even though there clearly is no muscle or a muscle combination causing it). This could be fixed if the knee anchors were positional rather than rotational. However, this would hurt some other poses so it should be toggleable. I'm quite sure you've already tried it and it didn't work but you've improved greatly and so I'm asking if you could try again. The way many are ignoring this problem is that they make the knees go sideways rather than up/down but that looks unnatural and/or painful (because of friction).

NEW CHARACTER KNEES
    I shouldn't have this information but I got my metaphorical hands on 2 certain pictures of the new character. I actually don't care at all about its weight - as long as the commissioner is happy then I am happy. However, what I've noticed and I'm somewhat bothered with is that the feet and the ankles are too weak/narrow and wouldn't be able to hold the weight (and would therefore break) of the character - the same would happen even with a character of somewhat smaller proportions.

LOAD FOLDERS
    It's not really a big problem but I love to categorise everything in folders and Yiffalicious doesn't recognise those. That means that whenever I want to access something from a certain folder, I have to go to %Appdata%, (...), local, the folder, grab the thing I want, put it into the "local" folder, return to Yiffalicious... Is there a way to add folder accessability to the load system? The way I imagine it is that it would work like Windows Explorer with Extra Large Icons except instead of the "Back" button there would be a folder named "...", "↑" or "↑..." which would return to the previous folder upon opening it.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 2:33AM
    FenrirWolfe said: PAGE NUMBER

Great idea. We want to bring more improvements to the browser in general. One other thing we've been wanting to improve is the hot sorting. It's sort of retarded right now.

FenrirWolfe said: KNEE ANCHORS TOGGLEABLE BETWEEN POSITIONAL OR ROTATIONAL

I'm not 100% sure what you mean. You want the knee to have a mode where it can be fixed to 1 location, sort of like hands etc?

FenrirWolfe said: NEW CHARACTER KNEES

It's a bit too late. Sculpt is approved by commissioner and we've already made the low poly.

FenrirWolfe said: LOAD FOLDERS

Good idea, I'll add it to the roadmap.
  • edited October 2015
    odes said: One other thing we've been wanting to improve is the hot sorting. It's sort of retarded right now.

I don't actually know what you mean. It seems to work fine on my end. I start Yiffalicious, open the interactions gallery, 1-3 somewhat new (not as much anymore but that's because of my current "project" of seeing all the stuff) interactions catch my eye and I investigate them before returning to whatever I wanted to do before noticing them.

odes said: You want the knee to have a mode where it can be fixed to 1 location, sort of like hands etc?
    Yes, like that... or the feet. When one kneels on the floor he/she can move the rest of the body up/down as he/she wishes without the knees moving with it. They pretty much stay in one place. That's what I'd like to see (e.g. for the top in the missionary position and the bottom in the on-top/cowgirl/cowboy position).

odes said: It's a bit too late. Sculpt is approved by commissioner and we've already made the low poly.
    I was afraid of that. Well, I'll just get over it. No problem. ^-^

Thank you once again for considering my input. The feeling of potentially helping you never gets old.
  • odesodes Administrator
    FenrirWolfe said: I don't actually know what you mean. It seems to work fine on my end. I start Yiffalicious, open the interactions gallery, 1-3 somewhat new (not as much anymore but that's because of my current "project" of seeing all the stuff) interactions catch my eye and I investigate them before returning to whatever I wanted to do before noticing them.

Well, I think it's a bit too heavily weighted towards high scoring. We're gonna try out the reddit algorithm instead in the future.

The idea behind the current sorting was that we wanted new users to have a higher chance of appreciated the app by selecting a high scoring pose. So we weighted the sorting this way. But really it's not a good hot sorting. What we're gonna do instead is make Top sorting the new default, but also make the browser remember you sorting choice when quitting. So then the hot sorting could be more true to it's name - new interactions that are getting votes should be the ones ranked highest.

FenrirWolfe said: Yes, like that... or the feet. When one kneels on the floor he/she can move the rest of the body up/down as he/she wishes without the knees moving with it. They pretty much stay in one place. That's what I'd like to see (e.g. for the top in the missionary position and the bottom in the on-top/cowgirl/cowboy position).

It's sort of hard to do that, because that's not how the IK rig works. But what you could do is parent the feet to the hip. Then they won't affect the knees bending. Just a tip.

FenrirWolfe said: The feeling of potentially helping you never gets old.

That's great, Fenrir. Interaction with users is important to improve the app, so it is truly appreciated.

Thanks!
  • edited October 2015
    odes said: But what you could do is parent the feet to the hip. Then they won't affect the knees bending.

I've already tried parenting everything to everything multiple times before. I always get 3 possible (but exclusive) results:
    1st: Impossible due to circular dependency
    2nd: The whole leg starts to move
    3rd: Everything starts shaking, a pit to Hell opens and demons "rape" me.

odes said: It's sort of hard to do that, because that's not how the IK rig works.

IK rig? It all comes down to me having an extremely basic understanding of what inverse kinematics are, it seems. I thought it was merely an optional system of how some parts of limbs can work - not that the whole rig is based on it and therefore anything not compatible with them will not be compatible with the rig itself.... That's why I suggested it to be toggleable so people can find out whether it does or does not work with the interaction they've made.

odes said: Thanks!

You're welcome. Also, thank you. ^-^
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2015
    Hmmm... well, I suppose we could add a custom pass in the IK solve, but that would make it potentially impossible for the feet to fulfill their targets if the knees have a targets of their own. I suppose it could, as you say, be a setting.

I'll add it to things we want to investigate.
  • edited January 2016
    Another major public release happened, so I bring some more suggestions... I hope those will be of some use to you.

1. Selectable head anchor
    It is currently impossible to select the head anchor of either character probably because moving/rotating it would cause problems and maybe because of visibility or some other reason I can't currently think of. But, the head itself can be edited through other means (e.g. within the "Expression" submenu) and it does carry quite a bit of visual importance. But, if one wants to "Focus" on it, he/she needs to manually find its orbit point. That is not too difficult but it could be way easier and more convenient with the use of the "Focus" button.

I suggest that the head anchor should be selectable for the purpose of using the "Focus" button. I would also like the chest anchor to be selectable as well for the same purpose but that could start hurting visibility.

2. Head/eye turning options
    The addition of mirrors has further improved the feeling the first-person POV mode can achieve. I have noticed, though, that the character we're using for this completely ignores where we look. It is somewhat immersion-breaking to look into the mirror and notice that we're not actually looking into it.

Furthermore, the "Eyes weight" slider has allowed us to control how much a character's eyes can turn but there is no "Head weight" slider to do the same with the head. One could use the "Ignore dynamic" slider but that also disables eye movement.

I suggest the addition of a "Look with camera" slider which would determine how much a character looks where the center of the camera does and a "Head weight" slider which would determine how much the head is allowed to turn to look at a target. The first one would also kinda allow people make characters look where they want them to before "Custom look at" comes out (unless it's technically the same thing... Sorry if that's the case. Me no good at programming).

3. A "Hide item" button
    The name kind of speaks for itself: I suggest the addition of a "Hide item" (the term "item" including characters as well as props - the way it is right now) button to the left-side menu. This would be useful for performance saving, posing characters as well as allowing for better blowjobs, boobjobs, hotdogging and a lot more. It could also possibly make bisexual interactions more viewable/likable for those who don't necessarily like seeing the m/m, f/f or m/f part... which could easily look weird as a result but it might be worth a try.

As far as "unhiding" hidden characters goes, hidden characters could still have their anchors visible and/or there could be a button to "Unhide" all of the characters and/or the "Hide/Unhide" button could be implemented into the right-side menu (e.g. within each characters' submenu).

4. Removing map items
    I suggest the ability to remove props which are already on the map (e.g. the tables and chairs on the Restaurant & bar map). This would add a little bit more versatility to the levels (e.g. the Restaurant & bar level could get a ballroom dance-club thingie. Neat. ^-^).

5. Wolf whiskers
    A tiny nuisance that I will get used to very quickly... but the Wolf has 4 semi-large dots where whiskers would come out on each side close to the nose. With IRL wolves, those dots are somewhat smaller, there are more of them and they go nearly halfway from the nose to the eyes (http://pre10.deviantart.net/d7e1/th/pre/i/2012/054/7/4/wolf_head_by_oberon7up-d4qmbr1.jpg).

It does make evolutionary sense, though. The whiskers would be of little use to an anthropomorphic wolf so they would lose most (if not all) of them in time. If that's what you're going for then I suggest that you make those a bit smaller. I would like more whiskers, though. Whiskers are cool.

Bonus: Wolf "Eyeswider" blinking bug
    I've noticed that the "Eyeswider" slider makes the wolf open his eyes more than he can close them when blinking.
    gif: https://i.gyazo.com/417168ca7ea4999248baa99afc3663ad.gif

Now. I would like to thank you for the awesome work you've done so far (and are doing still), for being so patient and co-operative with your fanbase... and for making such a gorgeous wolf. Thank you very much! ^-^
  • odesodes Administrator
    FenrirWolfe said: 1. Selectable head anchor
    Good idea.

FenrirWolfe said: 2. Head/eye turning options
    All good ideas. We're aware of the mirror discrepance, and we didn't have time to add it in for this release as there were no such functionality. The POV mode is faked, and there is no connection to the head. In an earlier build the heads wouldn't even show in the mirror at all if POV mode was used, making this very apparent! But of course we would like to affect the head when using POV.

FenrirWolfe said: 3. A "Hide item" button
    Not a bad idea but not a priority.

FenrirWolfe said: 4. Removing map items
    True.

FenrirWolfe said: 5. Wolf whiskers
    Not a priority.

FenrirWolfe said: Bonus: Wolf "Eyeswider" blinking bug
    Well shit. I suppose we could multiply the possible blink vertex offset by two, so this could be configured. Not a priority right now though.

Thank you for the feedback and praise. Means a lot!
    You are welcome. ^-^

I could actually use a little bit of feedback back, though. I feel as if I've gone way overboard this time. Should I be less descriptive next time?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Feedback on the feedback? :D

Descriptions are fine. We're just very busy and have a ton of things to do. Didn't mean to come off as harsh.
    odes said: Feedback on the feedback? D
    I was thinking exactly that. :smiley:
    I heard you like feedback so I asked for feedback on my feedback.
    odes said: We're just very busy and have a ton of things to do.
    That was precisely my point. I don't want to waste your time with the description of things you are already aware of (e.g. "The addition of mirrors has further improved the feeling the first-person POV mode can achieve.") and such. I will try to cut that down next time.
    odes said: Didn't mean to come off as harsh.
    You didn't. At least it didn't seem like it to me.
    Mandatory meme reference:
    Well, I've come up with some new thingies because I'm a patron now, yay! Sadly for only this month (for now)... but I'll try to make the best out of it. So, here goes:

Expansion/Inflation (amount) slider:
    I've noticed you've removed the "amount" word from each expansion/inflation "amount" slider name. Newcomers will likely be confused why there are pairs of sliders with the same name and yet one "does nothing" (assuming they won't instinctively test it with the cum event).

I can see why you removed the word but I believe there should be at least some written/drawn way to distinguish them from each other. Could you try writing "Expansion/Inflation<body part> am." ("am." as in short for "amount") instead?

New Ocean house:
    It causes noticeable framerate issues. That's especially visible because my gaming potato is almost an actual potato. But I'm sure it does have some sort of an impact on more powerful machines as well. I have no idea how that could be mitigated, though.

A different potential problem is the lighting... It creates a certain "neon-wall" effect on the ceiling-wall-thingie. Erm, this: https://i.gyazo.com/82a363cb1b9424fd534f560ae5e09eed.png
    It's just a "wall" (does it classify as such?) but it reflects so much light it looks as if it was a light itself. Is that intentional? If so then that makes sense given the functionalist vibe of the house. I don't really mind either way but I felt it should be pointed out anyway.

Floof shaders:
    ... look amazing - especially on the "Master race" setting. Performance-wise: The "Master race" setting is usable even on my potato but that might be because I've gotten used to some lag. It only becomes a somewhat large problem when 2+ characters with it are visible or when on the new Ocean house map. That is fine and will be fixed when I upgrade to a lemon ( :D )... The "Pleb" setting, of course, works way better up to the point where I can find places I can put 3 Wolves with it or 1-2 on the new Ocean house map.

However, there is 1 clipping issue I've noticed which happens when the "Smile weight" slider is used. It's most visible on the Arctic Wolf. Screens:
    https://i.gyazo.com/f7fcc44d8d4e4a357c90f98367feee4d.png (front - the dark thingies next to the muzzle)
    https://i.gyazo.com/0cbc9dc97d283ba8c89e616ab72a4e34.png (side - the triangle between the eye and the mouth)

Here are the specs of my potato, in case you want to know:
    Intel Core2 CPU 6600 @ 2.40GHz
    AMD Radeon HD 6570
    2048 MB DDR2 RAM
  • odesodes Administrator
    FenrirWolfe said: you've removed
    Actually, I think it's still there, but it doesn't fit. It's true though that there should be some way to distinguish. Thanks for pointing that out.

FenrirWolfe said: It causes noticeable framerate issues
    We've had issues trying to get this level to run well, but also the other levels have lost framerate. Unity 5.3 seem introduce performance issues in general, something that has been noticed and discussed a lot on the Unity forums (500+ replies).

FenrirWolfe said: .. look amazing
    Thanks, we put a lot of effort into this and it's great fun to see it come to fruition.

FenrirWolfe said: However, there is 1 clipping issue
    Thanks for pointing this out. We have implemented a system to allow mitigate this, but we haven't authored the maps required for the wolf to make use of it. No time. Perhaps we'll do it for 0.5.1. No promises.