Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[CRASH]

edited July 2016 in Issues
I think this has been talked about before. But what I am concerned about is the Application itself. I have used it before, back before a few updates. It didn't crash, nor did it say anything about any errors. But ever since the few updates came out, it hasn't been working. I removed most if not all things that I didn't need on my PC. That didn't help, I tried resetting my PC to factory settings, and that didn't even help. I'm unsure of what to do or how to fix this error. I know theres a txt_file for this, but I don't think I would get much help with that. Hope theres someone out there who can help. 
(link to picture of problem) https://gyazo.com/0f324533f91adda482cd58be4632f797

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 7:01AM
    Need to know more about your system to be able to help you.
    Press Win + R, and type "dxdiag"

Share what CPU, memory and display device you have.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Looking at specs I'd say the graphics chip is far too lacking. Integrated intel graphics is not suitable for video gaming. But just to be sure, please download the zipped version (if you haven't already), extract it to your desktop and run the app. Cause the crash to happen. Now, if you look in the yiffalicious_Data folder, there should be a output_log.txt file. Please share this.
  • edited 7:01AM
    What if I just updated my driver? Is there a way to do it without buying a new one?
  • odesodes Administrator
    The feeling I'm getting is that it crashes because it can't load all the required textures into memory. I.e. GPU memory is (probably) too low. But I can't tell for sure unless I see that log file.
    My apoligies, I'll get it as soon as the file loads. Been waiting for a while.
    How would I send the file?
  • odesodes Administrator
    You can just create a http://pastebin.com/ and send me the url in a message.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited July 2016
    Definitely something that has to do with the graphics chip. You can try to update the drivers (you always should), but if that doesn't work I think you're out of luck.

"D3D shader create error for vertex shader [0x887a0005]"

Any updaters or links you suggest?
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited July 2016
    Not sure when it comes to intel, but just googling "intel graphics driver" might yield something useful. According to dxdiag, the driver you're using is 7 years old.
    Funny thing about it is, I was just playing Yiffalicious two months ago.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Yeah that's why I thought it might be a memory issue, since the default map in the later builds is heavier than previous ones. The reason it doesn't work now might be because we're using a never version of Unity engine, and/or because we're using more advanced shaders. Either way, we're targeting hardware that's a bit more capable, so it isn't surprising Yiffalicious isn't working for you (unfortunately). :(
    You seem like you have a chipset-integrated graphics card. Those cards use a portion of the main memory as its own, and sometimes you can specify this value.
    For that, you'll need to enter the Setup or Bios menu, follow those instructions:
    • Restart the computer
    • Look for any brief messages about "Press X to enter Setup" or similar. Usually the key is F2 or DEL, but varies depending on the computer's maker.
    • You'll have to press the key at startup (and the computer doesn't give you much time to do so). I suggest to restart the computer having the finger on the keys, and press them repeatedly until you enter the bios menu.
    • If you get to the BIOS menu, look for an option inside the menus that says "Integrated graphics memory", "GPU memory" or similar, and check if you can get the number on that option greater than it is. It can be currently set to AUTO, if it is, you're out of luck.
    • If you find this vaule, put some value higher if avaible, then look for the option to "Save and Exit".
    • Do not touch any other option if you don't know what it does.
    Also another options is upgrade the memory, but seeing as your computer is somewhat old, maybe it's time to think if it's better to get a new one.
    I fixed it. :D
  • odesodes Administrator
    Sabalz said: I fixed it. :D
    Nice! How did you fix it?
    Windows 10 upgrades.