Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Editor Suggestions

edited August 2016 in Suggestions
I finally got around to trying out the editor, and I've come up with a few suggestions that would make it a bit easier to use.
  • Blender-like hotkeys for rotation/movement. If you're not familiar with blender, you can press r(rot) or g(move), and then you can rotate/move whatever object you have selected. You can press x/y/z to lock it to an axis. Holding shift while selecting an axis with the move tool will exclude it, so you can move it along the resulting plane. While you're rotating/scaling, you can manually enter values (45 will rot 45 deg, 10 will move it 10 units, etc). In my experience, this workflow has been much faster and easier to use than manipulators.
  • Snapping for rotation in increments with ctrl/shift.
  • Holding ctrl/shift while moving/rotating to slow it down for finer control.
  • As it is now, I haven't been able to find a way to reposition characters. Once you put them down and get it set up, you can't really move them elsewhere. It would be nice to have a root node that would move the character and everything parented to it while keeping the relative position of everything intact.
  • Tails are kind of hard to position without making them look jagged/weird. Something like a bezier curve instead would probably be easier to use. It would also be cool to set the number of control points in the tail.

Comments

• B01CEF said: Holding ctrl/shift while moving/rotating to slow it down for finer control.
    This feature is already implemented, just hold left shift to slow down rotation/movement

B01CEF said: As it is now, I haven't been able to find a way to reposition characters. Once you put them down and get it set up, you can't really move them elsewhere. It would be nice to have a root node that would move the character and everything parented to it while keeping the relative position of everything intact.
    parent limbs to body > grab the body > move body
    or
    reset anchors > move body
  • edited 12:41PM
    MisterBangYourSister said: This feature is already implemented, just hold left shift to slow down rotation/movement
    That doesn't work for me.
    MisterBangYourSister said: parent limbs to body > grab the body > move body
    or
    reset anchors > move body
    The first one does work, but it's just a hacky workaround. A root node would be an actual solution to the issue. Manually parenting and unparenting stuff whenever you want to adjust the placement is annoying, especially if you're using parenting for other stuff in the scene that you have to redo after. I'm not really sure what you mean for the second one.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 12:41PM
    MisterBangYourSister said: This feature is already implemented, just hold left shift to slow down rotation/movement
    Actually, when the gizmos were updated this feature disappeared.

B01CEF said: . A root node
    On our roadmap.