Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Serious bug

edited August 2016 in Issues
After few attempts I finally investigated what caused a problem I had hard time to deal with.
Said problem occurs after almost every action that follows saving an interaction with "X" prop schackle parented to elbow (knee too probably). Yes, I know that elbow and knee parenting is buggy in this version but after looking on the other report, this is completely different. (also parenting leg spacer to elbows and knees works prefectly fine)

What's happening?
You probably remember what was happening when 4 character limitation was removed, after adding fifth character app was softlocking and the only thing that could be done was alt+f4, this is almost the same the only differences are:
-you can load interactions but every one of them will load all messed up
-you can spawn props yet all of them will appear in the center of the map (default cords?)
-softlock makes your currently opened save to dissapear from the local interactions menu
On the video you can see that "0.6 fun 6" dissapeared, this is what really happened:

it's still there! however its size got reduced to 0
To trigger the softlock you must:
-parent x prop schackle to elbow/knee
-save
-hit play button / spawn something / save again
in exact order to make it happen.
I would report this yesterday but I didn't really know what happened to the game and my interaction. I hope this post will prevent people from corrupting their saves.
PS. I was parenting spacers and schackles to elbows and knees because it works the best with random movement.
PS.2 In case you didn't know, x prop schackels have the same problem as dragoness' wings, they doesn't respect save/load.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 3:05AM
    Your reports are always so elaborate :heart: 

I know what the issue is and will fix it now.

This prop seems to suffer from several issues and is ill thought out. For one, you wouldn't be able to parent the other side to his left arm, because that side just copies from the other one. So I will rework this one a little bit.

Thanks for sharing.