Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dogson's Poodle(s)

edited August 2016 in Suggestions
I think it'd be interesting to have Dogson's poodle characters in the game at some point:
https://static1.e621.net/data/e4/07/e407951995c9cd8524ef4edb451b2aca.jpg
https://static1.e621.net/data/75/f5/75f51ca6db1c42f2bd10151e2ee66130.jpg

ps im sorry if i didn't use your pics w/o permission dogson.

Comments

• DogsonDogson Administrator
    edited 3:34AM
    There's a lot of characters down the pipe that we're planning to do here so I'll shy away from making any ETA's, but what I want to do later is a "dog pack" with various breed of dogs like Doberman, huskies, various sheepdogs, and of course, poodles! :) 

Anyone got any other suggestions of breeds? Post'em!
  • edited 3:34AM
    Poms! Short gals
    Chinese Crested. Ugly little dogs, but also cute too. They have a distinctive appearance.
    A fitness instructor/ military German Shepherd?
    @Sehfir yay, cute shortstacks :)

@ragepro They really don't look bad at all, a lot of them look really cute, it might be that they lack fur and have somewhat loose skin on their faces that seems to be unsettling for some becuase 99% of all other dogbreeds have fur on their faces and that is the perceived normal look of  a dog. 

I've seen some really unsavory looking Crests on google, including the now decided record holder of the worlds ugliest dog.. RIP lil' buddy, but they all seem to have suffered  from various skin disease and what not. 

@DrunkDragon: Sure. Shepards and dobermans with a hint of six packs are welcome too :)
    Okay, I guess I could continue with some of the breeds I wish to do later, my guess is that the meshes of the dogs needs little modification, mostly the snouts, ears and tails.

Jack Russel Terriers: both cute and bold at the same time, in my mind both female and male can and will look cute.

Some other breed of Terrier: Mostly as an excuse to give one of the male dogs a magnificent beard : X

Rottweilers: Toned, beefy body with a bubble butt? 

Okay, there's plenty of more, don't shy away :)
    @odes When the time is right, how about a dachshound? XD
    @DrunkDragon I'm guessing you're responding to me, so: I really loved Buddy's character-design from Secret Life of Pets. 

Trouble is on how I can solve the anatomy there with the daschs elongated chest and belly so it is obvious it is a dasch. 
    @Dogson Yes, was responding to you, just had a brain fart in the midst of it all :P
    It was meant as a minor jest. Think it would be more trouble than what it is worth.
    @DrunkDragon No problem.. as a matter of fact, I am playing with the thought of a male Basset hound, you know like a mopey slightly depressed stubby guy who get's lucky.

"..You know what? I'm happy"
    Ohh, I suddenly miss Droopy Hound. He was a badass depressed dude. Or something along those lines...
    If you're talking about the Tex Avery period, i'm totally with you DrunkDragon.

The other stuff that came after.. eeh.. can't remember a thing about them so they were probably forgettable. 
    Tex Avery. Like with Tom and Jerry, Fred Quimby all the way.
  • edited August 2016
    I went to bed thinking this thread was dead, but when I woke up and checked my notifications, y'all blew this thread up faster than a balloon.

EDIT: And I can't believe all of you are forgetting about the magnificent Labrador breed. They're common enough to be iconic, have more than one coat color, and you can easily get away with having an athletic build character with them, since all they want to do swim and fetch.  Or are they just too vanilla?
    I'm curious, are both female and male versions of species planned? Or will most of them be one-or-the-other?
    I just love Australian Cattle dog and Dalmatian girld, it could be a fairy simple re-skin for any other dog breed.
    I'd be down for a doberman, rottweiler, or any breed with really short hair and split-coloration (like how they have lighter color on their stomach/anterior fur). Also there totally has to be a shiba inu just because.