Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

More diverse body types?

edited 11:30PM in Suggestions
I suppose this is more of a specific suggestion, but I was a little disheartened to see that there weren't any real "bottom-heavy" options in the new character vote. While it can sort of be achieved via the inflation options, I would definitely like to see "Pear-shaped" be an option in future polls, rather than having the hip/booty be also dependent on the size of the chesticles.

Comments

• DogsonDogson Administrator
    edited 11:30PM
    Good Idea. 

There is good chances that we will do another poll of future characters after this one, albeit we will probably then let it go in several stages. Like first stage chooses a species, after the species has been decided the next one will be body shapes. A third one get's to decide breeds if it for example will be a domestic dog, and last, a poll that will decide the age-range for them.

To the body shapes we will add things like "Pear-Shaped" and "Apple-shaped"

Thank you for the input!
  • edited 11:30PM
    I do hope this is the case, I just posted a discussion regarding just that (didn't see this comment beforehand). Multiple stages in voting is ideal in that we won't get mismatched bodies/species that people really didn't want just because two things happened to be separately popular (I love cake and I love pizza but I don't want cake pizza).

How are genitals going to be handled though? I noticed the horse has a horse wang but the rhino has a human dong, what if a wolf male wins? Will he have a realistic wolf cock?
    When this current species and body type poll is over and if the winners are the ones who are currently leading (athletic wolf and petite domestic cat) we will then let it go through a second phase where people can vote on what breed they can be and what age-range they will have. 

We could also have an extra poll within that poll where people can vote if for example they would like the wolf to have a realistic canine penis, a human penis or perhaps even a hybrid penis (human tip and canine knot?)  
    Would also like to see the winning species of each poll be taken off the roster for any following polls. That way we can ensure the species diversity grows steadily. :D
    Indeed, If the trend holds, Domestic Female Cat and Male Wolf will be taken away from the roster and two new species will be added for later polls.
    Most excellent :)
  • edited August 2015
    i wish they will add athletic lioness to the poll next time
  • odesodes Administrator
    @whargarbl,

These options were decided by the public. We took the 10 most common voted combinations from the first poll. Athletic lioness was not part of them.
    :(
    I'm very excited the petite cat and future athletic characters are coming. Everyone has their preferences and I'm not discriminating against anyone's tastes. But I do not find characters with excess weight or fat to be at all sexy, be they furry or human, animated or real. This project has great potential and is already amazing in many respects but I personally cannot enjoy it right now as I have zero physical attraction to the characters in it.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited September 2015
    @Aspirante
    You should definitely check out 0.3.3 when it's released publicly next week. Elaine (the new character) may be more your cup of tea.

The petite cat and athletic wolf are scheduled for v0.5.
    @odes when is the next character poll gonna be?  Or are you guys planning on creating the suggested characters in order from the first poll?
  • edited September 2015
    @Iovalicious
    lovalicious said: Or are you guys planning on creating the suggested characters in order from the first poll?

I don't think that would be fair. When/If that happens, there will be a lot more supporters with different opinions who will also want to express themselves. Besides, the people who have already voted might have changed their views.

But I see where you're coming from. I would be surprised if the male fox femboy wouldn't win the male side of the poll.

[[I wanted to try out the quote mechanic. It works like a charm and I'll use it from now on.]]
  • odesodes Administrator
    lovalicious said: when is the next character poll gonna be?

Sometime after we have implemented the characters that won last poll. These characters will be implemented around v0.5. So perhaps sometime after that there will be a new poll. It kinda depends on if we get new commissions or not.
    Something I would be excited about would be females with smaller busts. I'm definitely a bitty titty kind of gal, and the breasts on the current female models can be a bit overwhelming after some time. Would this be an option for specific character builds, or could this be implemented into the slider options such as the inflation slider?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Probably won't be adding shrinkage to current characters, but some future characters will have smaller busts by default.
     I'm curious if the character types that were voted on will all eventually be implemented and voting is simply dictating who gets in first or if the next round will be an all new cast. 

I'm really interested in this project but the big thing that is keeping me from really getting into it is a seeming lack of interest for making a shorter stature and slight of build male. I suppose the proposed fox femboy may work but as a small mall myself I just find it hard to relate these tall muscular guys. I know I may be in the minority  so I cannot in good conscience make demands but I have a weird need for women to tower over me. 

Guess I'm also wondering if a new set of species will come up since I have an obsession with big athletic wolf women thanks to World of Warcraft's Worgen and well, that would be nice. But again I hope it doesn't come off like I'm making demands, just curious about how things will go forward. Either way I'm excited to see this project develop!
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited October 2015
    The athletic wolf male and the petite domestic cat female were the winners of the last poll. They're being implemented and will be part of the 0.4 cycle if all goes according to plan (at least 1 of them should make it).

We'll do another poll later on, where the last winners are removed from the poll. That is, their choices will be on cooldown. So you won't be able to vote petite or cat for the female in the next poll, nor athletic or wolf for the male.
  • edited October 2015
    I'm not sure how to properly quote others on this website, but Dogson mentioned earlier in this thread that a second poll may be done to determine the breed and age range of the new characters. Did I miss my chance to vote? D:
  • edited October 2015
    There hasn't been such a vote as far as I can tell... and that's quite far (I visit this forum multiple times every day). I think you mean this:
    Dogson said: When this current species and body type poll is over and if the winners are the ones who are currently leading (athletic wolf and petite domestic cat) we will then let it go through a second phase where people can vote on what breed they can be and what age-range they will have. 

and this:
    Dogson said: We could also have an extra poll within that poll where people can vote if for example they would like the wolf to have a realistic canine penis, a human penis or perhaps even a hybrid penis (human tip and canine knot?)  

[what you do to quote is: Select the text you want to quote and click the "Quote" button which pops up]

That being said, I would like to see the second phase poll(s).
    EDIT: I wouldn't necessarily mind if it/they didn't happen, though... unless the wolf doesn't get a knotted penis (which doesn't seem to be the case: https://trello.com/c/neviTvsz/182-physical-knotting-penis-feature-influence-in-simulation)

Thanks for the help!

FenrirWolfe said: I wouldn't necessarily mind if it/they didn't happen, though... unless the wolf doesn't get a knotted penis

I'm pretty much on the same page. I've been hoping that the wolf will look ferocious, more beastly than human. I've also been imagining that the domestic cat being shorter and skinnier than all of the existing characters. But no matter what they choose to do... I bet it will be awesome!
  • edited October 2015
    You're welcome. ^-^
    Zanarck789 said: I've been hoping that the wolf will look ferocious, more beastly than human.
    Ferocious?
    Well, I think there should simply be a "snarl" and a "grin" slider -
    that would be enough for me in the savagery department. I don't really know how the snarl one would work because of the wrinkles it should make, though. Is such a thing even possible? Also, will there be ear position sliders (to the side, to the back)? I'm intrigued.

What do you mean
    by "beastly"?
    Zanarck789 said: I've also been imagining that the domestic cat being shorter and skinnier than all of the existing characters.

That kinda seems to be the definition of "petite"... but I don't really know. I never cared enough to learn female-specific body types. It does seem to be the case, though. A smaller frame (bone structure) assumably means less muscle, fat and height.
    Zanarck789 said: But no matter what they choose to do... I bet it will be awesome!

Agreed. I wouldn't bet, though, because that's a purely subjective matter and therefore would most likely lead to a tie... to a knot? Heh heh...
    Zanarck789 said: I'm not sure how to properly quote others on this website, but Dogson mentioned earlier in this thread that a second poll may be done to determine the breed and age range of the new characters. Did I miss my chance to vote? D:

Indeed I did say that. But it never came in to reality because we figured out that having these minipolls would take up a whole lot of time and might risk stalling things.

I am of the opinion tough that in the case if a "domestic" species wins like female domestic dog, there probably SHOULD be an extra vote determining on what breed she will be. For all I know I want to do a female Poodle.. and everyone else loves those , right?

*cricket noises*

So yeah, we didn't let there be a poll on the domestic cat because time was running out then and we believe we did the best choice for that. However now that we have more time devoted, I am sure we will do a breed vote in the future if some domestic species wins.

The age poll I do really believe we won't be planing anytime soon, we might try to do two various albedo and normal map with stress marks and sagging do give the impression of aging. 
  • edited October 2015
    Dogson said: I am of the opinion tough that in the case if a "domestic" species wins like female domestic dog, there probably SHOULD be an extra vote determining on what breed she will be. For all I know I want to do a female Poodle.. and everyone else loves those , right?

Only if you make her vary,vary,vary FRENCH!...I got a female poodle nude ink commission once from a Frenchman a long time ago and I went full Coco Chanel.  It was appreciated. ;)
    Love your poodles, so you got my vote. :D  
    ZachAttack said: Only if you make her vary,vary,vary FRENCH!...I got a female poodle nude ink commission once from a Frenchman a long time ago and I went full Coco Chanel.  It was appreciated. ;)
    Love your poodles, so you got my vote. :D  

Yeah I love them. The thought of a pampered, highborn and high-strung character like an aristocratic poodle dame getting drilled mercilessly by, for example, the upcoming rugged and gruff wolf would really be something :)

But I'm not fooling myself, poodles are an acquired taste and far from popular, but I might do one on my spare time later and offer it as an plug in character (we're currently discussing the possibility of offering future content as plug ins as we want to try to keep the installer under a certain size, nothing set or anything promised yet tough)

I wonder though what's the most popular dog breed du jour for furries? Siberian Huskies was hugely popular some years back, perhaps they still are. Also seen a whole lot of Dalmatians too..
  • edited October 2015
    Dogson said: I wonder though what's the most popular dog breed du jour for furries? Siberian Huskies was hugely popular some years back, perhaps they still are. Also seen a whole lot of Dalmatians too..

Hard to tell, it seems to be any kind of K9 wolf looking breed with pastel colored fur which is awesome in my opinion always like a creative take on a classic, even if the base is keeping to the classic.  
    Dogson said: Yeah I love them. The thought of a pampered, highborn and high-strung character like an aristocratic poodle dame getting drilled mercilessly by, for example, the upcoming rugged and gruff wolf would really be something :)

I feel the same way with depicting couples of opposite body types sleek athletic builds on soft curvy plump types just digging each other with lust and full desire.  
    Dogson said: But I'm not fooling myself, poodles are an acquired taste and far from popular, but I might do one on my spare time later and offer it as an plug in character (we're currently discussing the possibility of offering future content as plug ins as we want to try to keep the installer under a certain size, nothing set or anything promised yet tough)

That's interesting, will you be making a body template yet to help save time for  plugin models?  Or are you always gonna do a 100% model sculpt for every character?