Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crash When Saving Interaction on Ocean House New

edited 9:03PM in Issues
For the last couple days only, when I save on Ocean House New, the game crashes. All data is lost, save is not stored and I can no longer move the models or do anything in the game. I tested saving on Fantasy level and it saved fine.
http://pastebin.com/E3y30NJk Here is the output log as directed by forums. Hope it helps.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:03PM
    I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Are there any more details you can provide? Does saving an entirely empty scene not work?
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited August 2016
    that file path looks off
    C:\Users\INym\Downloads\%appdata%\yiffalicious\app\Yiffalicious

Did you manually create the %appdata% folder under \Downloads\ ?

If not, this could be throwing off the game when it tries to store the files to the %appdata% folder.

Are you also only having this error in the old version? Your log shows 5.3.5f1, 6.0 (which has the fantasy level) should report 5.4.0p1 or 5.4.0f3.

• edited 9:03PM
    I fixed the problem. So, I was trying to save the title as "Who's In Charge Now?" and that's actually why it was crashing. I saved as "My Turn Now" and it's fine. "My Turn Now' ", fine.
    "My Turn Now?" Crash. It's the "?".

Putting the question mark seems to crash the game. I went to the fantasy level and tried to save an interaction as "?" and it crashed.

So yeah, saving with ? in the title crashes the game, it seems. At least for me.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited August 2016
    question mark causes an issue for me too, but doesn't crash to desktop, stuff just stops working and it throws an error in the log (repeatedly):

IndexOutOfRangeException: Array index is out of range.
    at ES2FilenameData.Init (System.String path, .ES2Settings settings, Boolean useParameters) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ES2FilenameData..ctor (System.String path, .ES2Settings settings) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ES2Settings..ctor (System.String identifier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at ES2Writer.Create (System.String identifier) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SaveLoadHandler+.‬‍‭​‬‪‍‫‮‫‭‬‮‫‫‌‭‭‬​​‫‮‎‮ (System.String ) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at SaveLoadHandler+. () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at OrderedInvoke+OnceItem. () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
    at OrderedUpdate.Update () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

sorry for any confusion asking about the path, didn't realize the installer did that. that's less than ideal behaviour on the part of the installer.

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:03PM
    I don't think question marks are allowed in ntfs file system. But yeah, app should definitely not crash tho. Thanks for pointing this out, will be fixed in next release.
  • edited 9:03PM
    Glad I could help. And yeah, I moved the install to the proper place anyway, but it does seem to default to installing where the installer is launched from.