Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Upcoming updates

edited 2:41AM in Suggestions
I'm just wondering if you guys have future plans for some sort of patching system or releases of smaller installers with the purpose of updating previous versions.

As of right now it's but a small problem given the current size of the installer (just a little over 160mb), however as the game enters other development stages and more content is added, I'm pretty sure the size will be quite substantial due to the project's visions. 

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 2:41AM
    For now no plans. We just want to focus on the development - not a patching system.

How is 160 MB a problem? Most games nowadays are downloaded through services like Steam, and those games are like at least 5 GB. 160 MB feels kinda small compared to that.
  • edited 2:41AM
    Yes, as I said, it's a rather small problem. I live in south america and around the whole place it's uncommon to see someone with speeds past 10 megabits and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one that faces this case, but that's not the point anyways. The current size is just small enough to not be bothering enough to download, however I'm pretty confident that the size will be nearing a gigabyte or even more near it's completion, and even though the current versions are pretty small, as the game grows bigger it'd be a bit of a nuisance to download everything again just for a few lines of fixed code.

Again, it's just something to keep in mind. I do agree that development at this phase is much more important but from a consumer standpoint this is somewhat of an important issue too.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 2:41AM
    Thanks for sharing your view. While we won't create a patch system right now, we can investigate build size and size optimization. We have added this task to our todo list:

• edited 2:41AM
    I personally don't think size is a problem. Yiffalicious is around 160 MB and it contains 2 maps and 4 characters. When it gets to a GB it's going to be HUGE and thus well worth re-downloading even for just a slight bug-fix. Besides, a GB isn't that large. You can download a GB within 13.33333(...) minutes with 10Mbps (1.25 MBps), if you get the full speed the whole time.