Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Continuous crashes on spa level?

edited 12:32PM in Issues
I started using the poser part of the program a few days ago and it seems that I crash always on the spa level, So long as I use only one female model I'm fine but when I add a male model it usually takes a few seconds to freeze and then crash.

I tested on the rest of the levels and no crashes happen, This seems to happen more frequently when using specifically Giraffe and Horse.

Also note I'm using the lates public build available on the official site, I know it's outdated compared to the patreon version goes regards to content (and bug fixes?) but wanted to ask anyway.

Here is the output log from the game's data folder:
http://pastebin.com/CRHTsUC8

Comments

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 12:32PM
    do you have DX11 Tessellation turned on under the graphics options? have you tried turning it off?
  • edited January 2017
    @jei3 How do I turn it off? Using windows 7 ultimate 64 bit.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    It's under Menu > Graphics:

• edited January 2017
    @jei3 ; I'll try that, thaks!
  • edited January 2017
    @jei3 Already turned off, tested afán con the spa level with horse AMD giraffe and still crashes seconds later...

Dunno why not con any other levels.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Does it straight out crash or just freeze? There's no crash message in the error log but it does seem to have some trouble initializing a shader, and your hardware does seem a bit weak.
  • edited 12:32PM
    When on the spa level I'm fine with just a female model but after I add a male model it works fine for some seconds and then it freezes for a while and then after that it crashes.

Same if I load an interaction from the cloud that uses the spa room.

As for my hardware I don't crash on any other level even with 4 couples present at the same time, I don't know what's with the spa level but I only crash there for some reason.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    your graphics adapter doesn't support DirectX 11, but i'm not able to get it to crash when emulating a DX10 only GPU.

the couple of times i had the game crash on me (literally crash, not just hang) i got a crash dump. if you're getting these there would be a folder with a date and time that contains a couple of files that might provide more info as to why the game crashed:

The public build is running an older version of the unity engine, and there are some reported issues with non DX11 cards running DX11 games. If you want to try something else you could try adding the -force-d3d9 parameter.

Right click on yiffalicious.exe and create a shortcut, then right click and go to the properties of the shortcut and add " -force-d3d9" (no quotes, and a space before the dash) to the target box, like this:

This will force the game to render with DirectX 9. The engine is supposed to fallback to a lower version, so isn't a definite fix, but if it does it might help narrow down why it's crashing for you.

• edited January 2017
    @jei3 Ok, I'll see about the folder it generates on crash and for now I'll try your tip until I can get around to support the patreon page. Thanks!
  • edited January 2017
    @jei3 Ok, That shorcut parameter did the trick. Crashes happen no more on the spa level for now and I tested a bunch of things for about 1 hour so I guess it's kind of fixed like this, I'll see when I can get a new video card since I really need one anyway.