Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Roadmap Questions

jei3jei3 Moderator
edited October 2016 in General discussion
So, i've been nerding out over the roadmap and had some questions. Thought maybe it would be helpful to have a discussion about the roadmap. Maybe others have questions that could go here as well just to keep them all in once place.

Here's a few to start with:

Use different method for cloud communication

Is this different than the recent backend server switch? Would this be moving away from web services, or just doing it differently?

Yiff cloud - Favorites (option to fave interactions)

Didn't we get this in 6.1?

Signficantly reduced interaction load time

I am super curious what black magic was involved with this... fastfileload=true? ;)

Make it possible to "copy url" of interaction

Couldn't find a history for this one on the forums, is this for sharing interactions on the forums? Would this involve a custom URI scheme that would let you click on a link in the forums (e.g. "yiff://server/getinteraction?id=4476") that would download the interaction and fire up the game w/ that interaction loaded? Or am I guessing completely off base of what the intended use was?

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2017
    jei3 said: Use different method for cloud communication

Is this different than the recent backend server switch? Would this be moving away from web services, or just doing it differently?
    Some people used to have issues connecting to the cloud, and this was traced to Unity's www class and how it handles connections. Basically, if a proxy was used, it wouldn't work.

I was thinking of replacing the use of that class entirely, but since then people have gone quiet about this. So I don't know if this was fixed in later Unity releases or if people just stopped complaining about it.

I wrote a post about his on patreon but I couldn't find anyone still having these issues so I just focused on other tasks and the roadmap item was left there.

jei3 said: Yiff cloud - Favorites (option to fave interactions)

Didn't we get this in 6.1?
    Yeah, thanks for pointing that out. Moved to recently done.

jei3 said: Signficantly reduced interaction load time

I am super curious what black magic was involved with this... fastfileload=true?
    You're not too far away from the truth.

jei3 said: Make it possible to "copy url" of interaction

Couldn't find a history for this one on the forums, is this for sharing interactions on the forums? Would this involve a custom URI scheme that would let you click on a link in the forums (e.g. "yiff://server/getinteraction?id=4476") that would download the interaction and fire up the game w/ that interaction loaded? Or am I guessing completely off base of what the intended use was?
    Basically yeah, a custom URI that would cause the app to open that interaction from the cloud service. That would make it easier to share poses.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited October 2016
    odes said: Basically, if a proxy was used, it wouldn't work

Hmm... Not sure if it's because my proxy is local, or because unity fixed it, but I'm not seeing any issue when using a proxy.

Sadly I don't have anything older than 5.4, else I'd test it to see if the behavior changed.
  • edited 1:30AM
    I have seen it before, but only now it really sinks in; Milking? Someone care to explain what that means?
    And, for the sweet love of God, why have you not added this hair skin possibility for Maya?
    https://www.furaffinity.net/view/16560964/
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 1:30AM

DrunkDragon said: Milking

I noticed that one but didn't think about it too much, now that i have, there are a few different types of "milking" that i can think of:
    • prostate milking
    • another term for handjobs (would this be included with non-penetrative sex ?)
    • literally milking, with a milking machine (fek has a milker in rack, i wonder if they were taking a cue from this)

• edited January 2017
    @jei3 Thanks for the examples :)

Also, why did these two kind of die out from all discussion?
    https://www.furaffinity.net/view/19317895/
    https://www.furaffinity.net/view/19317942/

The last one I would very much like to see. Well, in a pure female version or the option to "disable" the willie.
    @DrunkDragon ;
    Maya's prototype skin & hair would be delicious in game...>//3//<
    It's what attracted me in the first place.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 1:30AM
    Cameras and Video Feed: not so much a question, but an implementation suggestion for this one.

it would be nice if the "video feed" object was a flat plane like the mirror. that way the user could overlay it on a tv, laptop, computer, etc down the road. if/when we get custom objects this would simply how they are implemented.
  • edited January 2017
    @jei3 Well, there already is a big TV in the bedroom. Could generate a lot of fun, if you somehow could implement it to that.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited October 2016
    DrunkDragon said: Could generate a lot of fun

yeah, the mirror is extremely limited, but if you could place a camera elsewhere this would be really fun to play around with:

• I'd love to see milking machines for both male and female with sperm/milk collection.