Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Vulkan renderer

edited 9:56PM in Suggestions
I understand Unity has some measure of Vulkan support these days.

As a Radeon owner, this interests me greatly. Have you guys (odes, I imagine) messed with it at all?

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:56PM
    AFAIK, Vulkan support is still in early stages in Unity, but I think their long term plan is to migrate to it entirely as time goes on. We always try to keep up with the latest stable Unity release, so eventually Yiffalicious will most likely offer Vulkan support.
  • edited 9:56PM
    Ah, thanks for the reply. Yiffalicious used to run smooth as butter (R9 290X, 4790K, 32GB) but performance has dropped off rather sharply for me recently; not sure if it was game/engine updates or perhaps Radeon driver finickyness.

Illinir's new looks are fabulous by the way. :) Now I'm just waiting for the rest of the girls to get that update.

I do have to say, a penis girth slider would be quite a thing, too. While I love the shape, Illinir's equipment is awfully slender! Probably should make a separate thread for that though.
  • edited 9:56PM
    After doing some testing it seems like it's the real-time reflections option that tanks my framerate. Without it, 8 characters is smooth as silk, even with the fur shader on. With it the framerate is poor even with no characters (in the Ocean House New map.) Bug, or is it simply that demanding?
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:56PM
    Realtime reflections is a bit of an alpha thing from unity right now so if performance is important you should leave it off. Same goes for ambient occlusion.

That said, we are aware there are somethings stealing more performance right now than we are content with, and we are looking to replace those systems with something better.