Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A few more suggestions

Dunno if these had been suggested before so:
Speech bubbles
Increase max scene time
Change pose, or link other scenes with a prev/next button and to lessen the amount of scenespamming due to this(to create stories for example) scene grouping/directories(or allow posing on a snapshot by snapshot basis? For example, with snapshot grouping, each group of snapshot having a different pose, transition with a blackout or fadeout effect).
For herm and trans characters, a negative ball inflation slider, some people prefer their herms without balls :smile: also would be nice for dragon too, him being a dragon and all.

I know that it is already planned, so i'd just like to ask, when is finger posing coming?

And while you guys said that it isn't currently planned(from my old suggestion thread), a basic toe posing (with a single bone) would be nice, so that the characters don't always seem like they're standing(even when laying down), or in the case of human(like) characters(elf(for now)), standing on their toes.

Keep up the good work!
cheers :smiley:

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:27PM
    Dark_Messiah said: Speech bubbles
    Increase max scene time
    Change pose, or link other scenes with a prev/next button and to lessen the amount of scenespamming due to this(to create stories for example) scene grouping/directories(or allow posing on a snapshot by snapshot basis? For example, with snapshot grouping, each group of snapshot having a different pose, transition with a blackout or fadeout effect).
    We hear you on this, and it's actually planned. Just not sure when it will happen. 0.7 does have some other main priorities right now, but you never know what we might squeeze in there.

Dark_Messiah said: I know that it is already planned, so i'd just like to ask, when is finger posing coming?
    We recently had a small discussion about this on our discord chat. The problem isn't finger posing in itself, but rather that such a feature would require us to add other, more advanced functions as well to make it look and behave as expected. In short, because the characters' meshes are dynamic (surfaces influenced by several bones), the fingers would need to be able to adapt to such surfaces to prevent clipping.

Furthermore, right now we don't know the location of some nodes until after IK solve, meaning these will always lag a frame behind the rest of the scene. This is a problem already, but if we add finger posing as well it would make it more apparent as a user's perfect finger authoring would become imperfect during animation.

These issues are quite complex and are the reason we have not yet implemented it, as other features have taken priority.

Thanks for your suggestions.
  • edited November 2016
    thx for the response
    Btw i meant snapshot time, not scene time(i miswrote it lol).