Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unlock resolution options in the launcher

edited 1:37AM in Suggestions
I realize this is probably a Unity bug/feature rather than a Yiffalicious one, but I hope you can work around it.

When you launch the app and the configuration window comes up, the only resolutions available are ones that your monitors report that they support. For various reasons (downsampling), this can be annoying, but it's workable. The real problem is that when you select "Windowed", higher resolutions, including the monitor's native resolution, become unavailable.

Anything you guys can do about this? Optimally if you could allow us to enter arbitrary height and width values that'd be grand. Actually, I bet Unity has command line switches to do that, or something...

Comments

• I agree, or at least a windowed full screen option would be good.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 1:37AM
    i assume "windowed full screen" you mean like Fallout 4 and other games have, where it's full screen on one monitor but you can still mouse out and leave the game up and running?

you can do this with command line parameters until it's properly added to the game

yiffalicious.exe -screen-width 1920 -screen-height 1080 -popupwindow

in the resolution selection screen make sure "windowed" is checked, the width and height parameters need to be valid for your display and will override what you select in the resolution window, the popupwindow parameter tells it to draw the game without a border.

• edited January 2017
    Hey, that's handy. Thanks jei3.