Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't edit in VR, Can't disable VR to edit.

edited 1:15AM in Issues
Is there some way to dissable VR that I don't know about? this game opens VR automatically and you cannot edit poses while VR is running. Oculus has no button to shut it off and if you just take the headset off, the screen goes blank. If you try closing the oculus program, it forces the game to shut down as well and the only option that I can see is to unplug the headset, not something viable due to the fact that it is plugged into the back of my PC inside my desk and I would have to go behind my desk do do it every time I wanted to edit a scene.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 1:15AM
    Unfortunately, Unity engine doesn't offer any way to disable VR in VR enabled games. The only way is to unplug or somehow disable your device. Sorry for the inconvenience.
  • edited 1:15AM
    So is there no way to edit poses in VR then? unplugging all the time really isnt a viable option for me with where my ports are and I cannot fdind the oculus headset in device manager to dissable, only the sensor.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I was talking with odes about this earlier, he's looking into a way to let VR be disabled without having to unplug your headset.

Editing in VR has been requested, but letting you disable VR is going to be easier and quicker to implement, so it'll probably come first.
    Awesome!
  • edited December 2016
    You can do this to use Yiffalicious without unplugging:
    (Windows 10, other versions may vary)
    • Right click on Windows button -> "Device Manager"
    • Locate your VR device, right click -> "Disable"
    Same to enable again.
    well that was the first thing I tried to find, but as I mentioned above, the headset does not show up in device manager, only the sensor. The various components of the headset do shop up though as mic and headphones but not the main unit.