Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

User-defined colors for the posing handles

edited 10:13AM in Suggestions
Hi, I want to start off by saying I was pleasantly surprised when I saw the 0.3.0 build. The patreon stretch goal was for double penetration, but you guys went "You know what, screw it. I bet we can fit one more."

That said, it's starting to get a little messy to pose 4 sets of limbs in tight quarters. I think having different colors for posing "dots" per character would make it way easier to tell what you're doing.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 10:13AM
    Thanks!

Hm, that's true. Right now colors are based on what type of joint it is, but perhaps it would be better with different colors per character.

Thanks for the feedback.
  • edited 10:13AM
    Another cool thing that would lower the clutter while posing would be a setting that lets you only see the joint node things for what character you have selected, while the other characters' nodes are invisible until you click on that character
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited August 2015
    The problem with that is you may want to parent a character's node to another character's.

edit:
    Well, actually, the other nodes don't need to show unless the parent tool is selected. I will change this. Thanks for the input!
    Hmm, I hadn't considered that. Maybe the setting for single-character editing could get a hotkey, so that it can be quickly turned on and off to deal with that
    @odes
    Speaking of distinguishing characters.. I would like to suggest the option to rename the characters, if it's possible. If all 4 characters are connected then it's easy to tell which "Horse" is the horse we want even if they're all horses. However, if we wanted to make a "gallery of poses" of some sorts it might get confusing if we take a break and return to it later. It could possibly also improve the whole feeling of interactions - making them more personal.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 10:13AM
    @FenrirWolfe,
    Good idea, I'll add it to roadmap.