Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't input serial key

edited 8:41PM in Issues
http://pastebin.com/VDS5KSWz

After starting up and hitting Continue twice I'm presented with this and I'm unable to fit the entire key in this textbox. Happens in VR and non VR version. Using 0.7.0

http://imgur.com/GLT3VOZ

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 8:41PM
    Uh, that's a weird text box. This is what's supposed to be showing:
    https://gyazo.com/b9484a910b9351b4669495f7ce6a7d12

There are errors in the log file you posted. Trying to figure it out. It's almost as if it's running on the wrong mono runtime.

Any ideas, @jei3 ?
  • edited 8:41PM
    Hmm ok. I'll do some investigating myself. I've played with Unity in the past so maybe I have an old version installed that's somehow messing things up.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Did you find anything? I'm having hard time trying to reproduce/understand this issue. If nothing else, maybe try redownloading or try the installer instead. Maybe the file got corrupted or something.
    I've tried both the exe and the archive. 32 and 64 bit. I've uninstalled it and re-installed... No luck yet.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    were you able to successfully register any previous patron only builds?
    what version of windows are you running?
    Windows 10. And no I just became a patron last night and tried downloading for the first time. I downloaded the non-patron version of it before becoming one and was presented with the same thing.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Ok, if the public version doesn't work either it definitely doesn't have anything to do with the serial key system at least.

Here's a crazy thought - have you added som folder to system variable PATH that contains dlls with the same names as the ones in yiffalicious_Data/Managed folder?
  • edited February 2017
    Well that was a good thought at least. As a test, I temporarily removed all folders from my user and system PATH variable. Unfortunately, it didn't make a difference.
  • odesodes Administrator
    I'm not sure what more we can do. Let me know if you want a refund.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    i'm not able to reproduce this on a clean install of Win 10, so it may be something else that is installed on your PC.

if you want, you can open the command prompt as admin and run the following to create a list of what you have installed (this will take a few minutes) and private message it to us (i wouldn't post it publicly)

wmic product get name,version /format:csv > c:\InstalledApps.csv

That's ok. I won't make you go through my installed programs. I figured we were pretty much out of options here. The error just doesn't say enough. Anyways, thanks for the help. I appreciate it. No refund necessary.

I'll play around and maybe set up an emulator or something to see it work if I can.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    if you happen to find anything, please let us know.

and if you ever want to send over that dump of installed apps, i'll be happy to look into it. tbh, it'll bug me to not figure this out.

i already found one small issue to fix w/ the no_vr launcher in Win10, so this isn't a total waste.
    In that case I'll go ahead and send it to you. I just don't know what we're going to be able to glean from it. But yes I plan on playing around some more and I'll let you know if I find anything. I just can't fathom what I could have done on my pc to cause this.