Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Simple Idea

SRPSRP
edited 11:07AM in Suggestions
Here comes the simplest idea anyone could ever imagine:
A new level.
Solid green nothingness.
That's it. Just an endless green void (maybe all white or black instead?) for the solid purpose of people making sexy youtube videos or for people running the game on toasters. Unless there's some hidden, complex, background little bit about the engine that I don't understand, the level should take a minute or two to map and code. Heck, I can't imagine there'd be a noticeable impact on the game's filesize, either.

Comments

• edited 11:07AM
    I was thinking that it would be handy if the game did have a large, blank, open level. Either for computers sake, for the sake of more freedom with customization & props, or for when you just get tired of trying to find a good spot to make a scene in the house or on the fantasy level.

Once the game gets more props, a level like this could be great. I was thinking that the big open plane could be a light grey, or maybe there could be a color slider for that specific level or something. It just seems like a simple handy level that would let you either customize to your hearts extent, or get straight to the point with no walls or furniture in the way.
    I'm in for the green map. It would be perfect if it was 100% solid green so later it can be used with any movie editing software that can do chroma keying.
    Or to make it even better, make the background color selectable via a color picker.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 11:07AM
    OMG the possibilities.

• odesodes Administrator
    haha
  • SRPSRP
    Ha
  • brace yourselves folkes...Yffalicious memes are coming
  • there's an idea there tho: simple environments for weaker rigs out there that may struggle with Yiffalicous, even with levels like SPA or locker
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    Kitsune_McSwagg said: simple environments for weaker rigs
    this has been brought up and discussed before and is part of the reason for the switch from fantasy to ocean house as the default level.

it seems like a lot of the fantasy level goes unused and it has a pretty high memory footprint (comparatively), so smaller levels that run better on lower end computers may end up getting more attention going forward.
    How about a level for those of us, that have a powerful rig?