Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could I help with this project?

I am a 3D artist that recently got two associates in 3D animation and Game Design respectively. I was wondering if it was preferred that 3D artists use a specific program, like Blender? I use 3Ds Max and Maya for my 3D modeling and animation, but don't have any experience in Blender. I don't have licenses for any program besides Photoshop. I would be willing to learn Blender, if that is required.

At the moment, I would like to be of some help in making props perhaps? I only want to help for now, as I am not really known by any of you, and you would have no reason to trust that my level of talent is up to snuff.

I'd like to know what scale you model things at, and your preferred polycount on characters and props respectively. I don't want to end up making a character or object too big or small for this project, though I'm not sure that matters for simple props or un-rigged characters, as one could just take it into a 3D program and scale it as necessary. As for polycount, I have an unseemly crippling NEED to optimized all props to the absolute lowest polycount possible while maintaining the shape and visual appeal of the prop, so a polycount max would possibly curb this(?)

I made this a post so that other potential cooperators could see some of these answers, and be better informed.

Comments

• I made this "Sample Piece", in case you wanted to see something I've done. I whipped it up in 1-2 hours, excluding the Human Reference Model (for size comparison), which was made years ago by a younger, less experienced me. I will work on texturing if you are interested in any of the present props. I listed the poly-count in the picture.

If someone could tell me how, I'd be happy to "Spoiler" these pictures to shorten this post.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:49AM
    Hi MultiverseEquine93.

We currently aren't looking for a 3D artist, but if you have a more complete portfolio we will have a look and get back to you.
  • edited August 2015
    Thank you for getting back to me on that, I'm sorry I couldn't be of any help.

On the Yiffalitious main page, it states that if one sends in a 3D model through email, and you guys like it, it may be used in the game. I imagine you guys are busy, so answer these questions at your convenience if you can.

Does it matter if I am modeling on a student version of 3ds max, or should one be working on Blender?

Can someone send in custom levels as well as custom character models?

If necessary, PM me the responses.

As for the portfolio request... I haven't put together any of my recent work, and my portfolio from about 9 months ago wasn't particularly professional looking in terms of its presentation. I'll work on putting together a portfolio of my more recent work, and get back to you on that.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:49AM
    It does not matter as long as it is exported to a format that other software can understand.

You could try creating environments and characters, but we cannot promise we'll incorporate them.

If you don't have a portfolio you're happy with, it would be good for you to create content regardless. In this business, portfolio means everything (far more important than grades).
  • edited August 2015
    Disregard this comment, my tablet double posted. :(
  • As this discussion about my desire to assist is already here, I may as well use it for any other questions I have regarding the submission process, to avoid clutter.

I've nearly finished the modeling portion for the character that I want to submit. Initially, I started the character with the intent to make it completely; orifices, UV mapping, textures, all of it. This intention hasn't yet changed, mostly. I now, however, find myself wondering if I should make the clean/jizz penis textures. Is that somehow a process that comes (that wasn't intentional I swear) inherent to going through a cum sequence, by virtue of some fancy programming? I assume that's not the case, and the process is likely a texture swap; the texture being unique for each model.

Wow, most of that was pointless, I think. The big question is, what is the criteria to be met in order for my model to be used? Is the model required to be completely done, orifices and all, or do you guys have a special process that needs to be followed to the letter in order for the orifices to function realistically and to standard? Do good looking models that are simply finished, UVed, and sent to you without textures or orifices, used in the product, albeit after adding said commodities? I just want some frame of reference as to when I should stop, lest I waste my time making an asshole that doesn't function for whatever reason. Rest assured however, I will have my model UVed and textured to the best of my ability. I won't be lazy in submitting this.

Speaking of; I'd be willing to show my progress, if you wanted to see it. I'm not posting yet because I understand that posting unofficial content that may, or may not make it into the game would be disrespectful to the developers and unfair to those whom see the unfinished, unofficial content, and actually want to see it in the game before the submission is hypothetically rejected. I will only show my progress if one of the development team gives the "OK" on that.

Lastly, I thank you all for this awesome project you guys are working on, and your patience with me. I'm looking forward to the next update, even if my model might not end up getting used. I can only wonder what this project will look like in a year, or five! Best of luck to all of the development team!

Sorry, I talk waaay to much
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited August 2015
    MultiverseEquine,

There is indeed a very specific process for incorporating characters into the game. So specific, in fact, that it scared people away when we shared the guidelines for how to do so. When we first started this project, we said we'd allow 3rd party model commissions, but that later changed to "we'll incorporate your high poly model if we like it", simply because the process is so intricate that few can actually do it. And even if people could, it would likely take a lot of iterations with us before it got right - which would waste our as well as your time. So we decided to simply scrap that completely, and do all of the low poly and technical stuff ourselves instead (by using your high poly model).

Actually, the cum thing is sort of automatic using code magic. But it requires, as every other system,  a very specific setup to work correctly. That's why we don't want you to worry about these things. We'll do all of this. You can just focus on making a high poly model as good as possible, and we'll do the rest. No need to optimize polygons and stuff. Actually, that would just be bad.

If you want to send us samples, you can use our mail. You can find the address at the main page.