Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Custom skins crashing Windows?

So I recently used some custom skins for the first time with the help of the skin manager. When I switch to the skins I've downloaded, Yiffalicious seems to work fine for a moment. But after a short while my monitor will go black, I'll be at my start up screen, and Windows will have to reboot. Currently I'm only using the zebra skin for the horse and the Renamon skin for the fox. Has anyone else had an experience like this?

Comments

• edited 8:40PM
    If the game AND Windows crashes, this should be some problem with you graphic card drivers, graphic card overheating or CPU overheating.
    Start by checking what kind of graphic card you have, and download the lastest drivers avaible. This is always recommended.
    If you keep having the problem, clean the cooling devices on your computer, and check that none of the air vents on the computer are blocked when you're using Yiffalicious.
    Also you can try lowering the resolution and graphics features to check if the problem is overheating.
  • edited 8:40PM
    Nothing else has affected my computer the same way, not even my most recent of games which despite being very taxing on my older video card. Driver updates are automatic with the software that came with the card, I know immediately when a new one is available. The only program that causes the crash is Yiffalicious, and it's only been AFTER downloading custom skins.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 8:40PM
    what are your computer specs?

the custom skins can take up a tad more memory than the default skins, and i was able to get the GPU memory to go up pretty high on purpose when testing custom skins but never saw the app or pc crash.

i'm not sure how useful it would be, but it probably wouldn't hurt to post the output_log.txt file so we can see what the app was doing leading up to the crash.