Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

V0.3.1 Feedback/Suggestions

Hi there! Really impressed by the game so far, keep up the awesome work!
Some feedback / suggestions / findings that I have:
  • The new feature where it only shows the joints of the current character is great. Would it be possible to have it not deselect the current character if you click no character joints? Mis-clicking and hitting air, then having to go select the root for that character again is troublesome.
  • Separate orgasms for each character is something I don't see on the roadmap, but seems like a vital feature to me.
  • A mirror to other side would be awesome for feet/hand positioning.
  • I see hand poser on the roadmap and can't wait. Probably my number one waited for feature right now.
  • Being able to use the knees/elbows as anchor points like the feet/hands would be awesome. It's very hard to have a character look like they're supporting themselves on their knees/elbows right now.
  • Being able to reposition the feet/hands without them anchoring would be nice. Not a huge pressing issue. Most of the time some clever parenting and messing with the IK settings can get around the feet/hands looking silly in mid-air and being so static.
  • TongueOut is mispelled ThoungeOut on Elaine
  • It's possible to disconnect Elaine's lower teeth / make them show through her lips in a few expression combinations
  • Sounds for the horse character don't work for me. Rhino is fine.
  • Really want to be able to change the size of the character's penises. I saw your comment on dynamic re-sizing being difficult, but the ability swap to a smaller / larger one for the entire scene would be awesome. There are certain poses where the (awesomely) massive dongs make things difficult.
I hope this helps. ^^
-Psy

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited September 2015
    Thanks!

PsyDraggy said: Would it be possible to have it not deselect the current character if you click no character joints?

That's a good idea, we'll fix this.

PsyDraggy said: Separate orgasms

True, we'll add this to roadmap.

PsyDraggy said: mirror

Yes, this is something we've been plannig to add. Not sure how we missed adding this to roadmap.

PsyDraggy said: able to use the knees/elbows as anchor points

This is trickier, but I'll look into it at some point.

PsyDraggy said: Being able to reposition the feet/hands without them anchoring would be nice.

Can you elaborate? You want them to play an animation, or move around randomly or what exactly are you suggesting?

PsyDraggy said: TongueOut is mispelled ThoungeOut on Elaine

Thanks for pointing that out.

PsyDraggy said: Sounds for the horse character don't work for me.

That is so odd, I'll look into it.

Thanks for the feedback!

(I'm trying out the new quote feature for the first time so let's see how this turns out.)
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited September 2015
    PsyDraggy said: Sounds for the horse character don't work for me.
    Are you sure this wasn't just for that one pose? The pose maker might've disabled the sounds in the interaction. Horse sounds work fine for me.
  • edited 2:15PM
    odes said: Can you elaborate? You want them to play an animation, or move around randomly or what exactly are you suggesting?

Say you want a character in a cowgirl pose, and you want one of their hands up in the air. If you just move the hand above their head and leave it there, the hand will anchor and look really weird when they bounce. You can get around this with parenting, say to the pelvis joint, and messing with the IK stuff helps make it look less static. I guess what I'm asking for it the ability to turn off the anchor, but still be able to position the hands/feet. I've published a scene called RhinoRide that shows this idea. Just unparent Elaine's left hand from her pelvis to see what I mean.

odes said: Are you sure this wasn't just for that one pose? The pose maker might've disabled the sounds in the interaction. Horse sounds work fine for me.

Installed on a different computer, and it works.. so I have no idea why it's not working on my main rig. I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64-bit. I went back and tried versions 3 and 2.2 as well and the sound didn't work again. Are audio files stored in some common location like the save files or something?
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 2:15PM
    PsyDraggy said: to see what I mean.

Yes, I see what you mean, but I'm not sure what you're suggesting instead. What kind of behavior are you looking for when you're saying "turn off the anchor". As you say, you can use parenting or IK. Why do these not qualify for "turning off the anchor"? What are you suggesting to use instead?

PsyDraggy said: so I have no idea why it's not working on my main rig

Does no sounds work at all? You mentioned earlier the rhino worked but not the horse.

The files are stored in the Yiffalicious data folder, in one of the asset files. Maybe you have several audio outputs or something, and Unity is selecting the wrong one? Maybe the audio of the app for some reason is muted?

Let me know if you find something out!

odes said: Yes, I see what you mean, but I'm not sure what you're suggesting instead.

I'm saying the hands/feet should be able to act like the other joints. Take the shoulder for example, it moves up and down depending on mechanics like thrusting and force, but if you have the hand positioned, it stays anchored to a fixed point. 
    odes said: Does no sounds work at all?

The rhino sounds work perfectly. The horse sounds don't play at all. I've tried all sorts of combinations of poses and character mixtures, the sounds just aren't generated by the horse thrusts for some reason. Both the rhino and the horse can be in the same scene, and I'll hear the rhino but not the horse. 
    Do the horse and rhino use the same audio files?
  • odesodes Administrator
    PsyDraggy said: I'm saying the hands/feet should be able to act like the other joints.

But they can, if you parent to hip or use IK. Can you elaborate why this is not sufficient?

PsyDraggy said: Do the horse and rhino use the same audio files?

Yes. So that's really odd. Have you tried reinstalling?
    odes said: But they can, if you parent to hip or use IK. Can you elaborate why this is not sufficient?

It is sufficient, just not immediately obvious without a tutorial or lots of playing around. :)

odes said: Yes. So that's really odd. Have you tried reinstalling?

Re-installed, no change. I went digging in the registry and found a lot of the values being written there came back as (Invalid DWORD (32-bit) value) so I cleared the registry key for the game and started it back up again. Sound works again for the horse! (and rhino still works)
  • odesodes Administrator
    Alright, thanks for sharing!

Yeah, we should make a new tutorial covering more advanced aspects of the editor.