Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions Regarding Publishing Interactions

edited 9:10AM in Issues
I'm hoping this is an all right place to put this topic, it's not an issue with the software or anything, exactly, more just trying to clear up some confusion.

I've just gotten into Yiffalicious and tried my hand at making a couple animations.  One animation I published the other day was up for about a day and a half before being removed.  I know there's a checkbox you need to click when publishing that says "Undesired interactions will be removed".  I must have violated some kind of guideline or rule, but I can't for the life of me think about what it could be, and I haven't been able to find any kind of community rules or anything that'll help me out.

So the actual question I have is what constitutes an "Undesired interaction", and is there somewhere I can look over the rules and I've just failed to see it?  The actual interaction I uploaded was fairly tame stuff, all automatically generated tags, so unless I failed to tag it correctly for what was going on or something, I can't think that it would have broken any rules.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited July 2017
    Is it this one?

Interactions are not removed, but if the score goes below a certain threshold after a certain number of votes then it won't show up under "hot" category.

You can track your uploads by clicking the "My uploads" tab.
  • edited 9:10AM
    No, the interaction in question was titled "group watching" because I'm not good with names and I'll never pretend to be.  I actually logged on just to see what people thought of  it yesterday, and when I couldn't find it under "new", I checked under my uploads and it wasn't there.  I know it uploaded correctly at first because after the first day it had a small number of votes on it, and then when I checked again later it was as though it had never been published.  After that, I figured I'd try to get some community help and made this thread.

I might just have to chalk this up to some kind of odd glitch, if it wasn't removed by some kind of moderator or something.

For now, I guess I'll just re-publish it and see if it stays up.  Thanks for the reply.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:10AM
    That's really odd. I don't know what could've caused it. Are you sure it was successfully uploaded the first time?
    Hey, hopefully I can help shed some light on this. When I was on the other day I noticed an interaction under my uploads that I'd never seen before with my username as the publisher. I was confused and worried at first about potential "account theft" but I dismissed that as blind paranoia. Needless to say I'm the one who deleted it, but now as I check again it has been uploaded under toomuchsparetime's name this time. I'm glad it's back up because it's a great interaction and I'm sorry that I deleted it in the first place, I just didn't want credit for someone else's work.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited July 2017
    Huh that's really weird. It's as if the sessions had been mixed or something. That shouldn't be possible.

Now when you mention it, I do remember there was this other user that had uploaded an interaction, but when he did it was uploaded as another user's. He uploaded it again, and the second time it worked. However, he was worried that the 2nd upload would be seen as plagiarism, and asked me to remove the first one.

This whole thing is quite worrying. I'm looking through the code and can't find anything that could cause this. The only explanation I can come up with is that the database is occasionally returning results incorrectly, which would be very serious.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited July 2017
    I think I might have discovered the problem. It has to do with the heavily parallelized nature of GAE. Apparently requests aren't guaranteed to run in their own process. This has some implications I haven't considered. I assumed all requests run on their own. This would also explain a couple of other issues I've been running into.

Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I will have to redesign some parts of the cloud implementation.
    Glad to have helped, keep up the great work!
    Wow, that's all really interesting, actually.  Never would have thought it could have been so convoluted, I was just passing it off myself as some kind of glitch that just removed the interaction.  Thanks for your interest in this, guys.  Good to know a real issue was found in it.  Hopefully weird happenings like this can be prevented in the future because of it.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited 9:10AM
    I have made adjustments that hopefully should fix this issue, and possibly also issue with requests occasionally taking a super long time to load. Let me know if you run into any issues.