Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do I start using custom skins?

edited 12:27PM in Custom skins
I've been arduously searching for an explanation of how to get custom skins working. Where do I put the folders? Or the skin manager? I'm just scared to mess stuff up (X(

Comments

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 12:27PM
    when you launch the skin manager, it'll ask you for a folder in which you want to store your skins. this can be anywhere.

then download the ZIP files of the skins you want, drag them into the skin manager to add them to the 'database'.

once they show up in the right hand panel, you can drag and drop then onto the character slots on the left.

the app lets you manage the skins better and only copies PNG files into the game folders, there's no modification of the actual game content, so you're not really going to mess anything up.
  • edited July 2017
    I think I got it. But how many skins can you have in at a time? I got 6 in but I can't add anymore

Never mind I'm a dummy! I just mixed something up XP
  • edited 12:27PM
    Since my question is more or less relevant to this thread, i'll just ask it here. Is there a possibility for non-patrons to download models that can be used with blender?
    @Oktoberfest Well I'd bet that whenever we get the final public version, that all of the skins & models will be available publicly since non-patrons will probably have access to skin editing by then. Also, you probably already know this but I'm just making sure: Pretty much all models can be used with Blender (Though some file-types might take effort to get working), so you shouldn't have to worry about them being specially Blender compatible or anything. (As far as I know)
    Hi! I've recently began using the skin manager and it worked perfectly with a custom skin for Finn. But when i downloaded a skin for fox femboy, it didn't show up in the manager even though i extracted the zip file to my skin folder and hit the refresh button on the skin db. Any idea why this is happening?  
    nevermind, i figured it out :)
  • Bernt92 ¿ como arreglaste ese error ?

• Bernt 92 how did you solve the problem?