Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An extra set of eyes and hair floating in mid air [VR]

edited 2:02AM in Issues
While browsing and loading many different scenes from the cloud in a row, at some point a duplicate set of eyes and hair appears for each character. They kind of float on the starting position of the character, and they remain in that position. The hair does have physics interactions when it hits something. This ruins the experience completely (since the duplicates just hang in space and clip through the character if the character starts moving). The only fix I found was to just restart, but it is really annoying since it happens quite frequently. 

PS: This is all in VR mode, not sure if it happens in desktop mode.

Comments

• jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited December 2016
    is there a particular interaction you noticed this occur on?

were you seeing the extra eyes/hair on your pc monitor, your HMD, or both?

also, were you browsing interactions by hot, new, or top? (to help reproduce if it's not interaction specific)
  • edited 2:02AM
    I'll do some more testing tomorrow to try and pin down the exact circumstances. I haven't noticed an obvious particular case so far.
  • jei3jei3 Moderator
    edited 2:02AM
    k, let me know if you find any pattern, i went through a couple dozen online interactions in VR and didn't see any floating eyes/hair.
  • edited January 2017
    Alright, I was able to easily reproduce the issue on 5 different runs. I tried pinning down the issue on a single aspect but I could not find a common problem in all runs:
    - Hot/new does not matter.
    - Which characters/number of characters does not matter.
    - The level (the bar/beach house/fantasy etc.) does not matter.
    - The number of scenes viewed in one sitting does not matter.

I made an Imgur album with a bunch screenshots of the issues with explanations and some speculation on the possible cause. I also talk about some more issues that I noticed during my tests. Here is the album: http://imgur.com/a/9kYZ1. Don't mind the low quality, I have it set to the lowest possible resolution to improve the performance in VR since I am not looking at my monitor. The screenshots are 1440p though because of my monitor's native resolution.

Furthermore, I realized that I forgot to post my specs:
    CPU: Intel 2500K @ 3.5 GHz
    GPU: AMD Radeon R9 390 (Sapphire Nitro), not OC'ed beyond the factory OC
    Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth P67 Rev 3
    RAM: 8 GB HyperX DDR3 @ 1333 MHz (it is 1600MHz RAM but I didn't bother setting it back to 1600 after multiple BIOS resets)
    PSU: Thermaltake Toughpower 775W
    Running Yiffalicious and SteamVR off of a 1 TB WD Black HDD

Let me know if there is anything else I can test.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Can you cause these issues and then share the log file with us?

http://forum.yiffalicious.com/discussion/488/how-to-get-help-with-issues#latest
  • edited January 2017
    Output log: http://pastebin.com/dhy3H23Z. The bug occurred only on the last scene, and after that I closed the game. So the end of the log is probably the most interesting, since the rest were scenes that functioned properly. There are null reference exceptions everywhere (even in the properly functioning scenes I think, but there are no timestamps to confirm), so there is definitely something amiss.

The scene on which the bug occurred this time was a really good one for debugging. I was able to shoot this video: https://my.mixtape.moe/qqzjol.mp4 (forgive the potatoe quality again, its still low resolution on the desktop, and I don't have screen recording software installed so I just used the good ol' "did you just videotape your screen?" method.)

It pretty much confirms my depth test hypothesis which I mentioned in the Imgur album. You can clearly see that the depth culling of the penis is happening in-sync with the "proper" animation of the female, but the visible female model is not moving along with this proper animation. Its almost like there are two female models in the scene:
    - One being rendered in the wrong position, but actually visible on screen.
    - One being rendered in the right position, but it is only writing the depth buffer and not the actual frame buffer to make the model visible on screen. This still causes the depth test for parts of the penis to fail, even though there is no visible geometry in front of the penis. 

You can also see that the floating eyes actually move with the proper animation as well. This is something I did not notice so clearly before. This means that just the eyes (and optionally hair) of the "invisible" model are actually visible, which is weird.

EDIT: And sorry for being ignorant and not reading the sticky about the log...
    Oh, since this is now a graphics related issue, here are my settings: http://imgur.com/a/hjGFZ
  • odesodes Administrator
    Does this always happen for certain interactions? Can you share that interaction with us? After finding a faulty interaction, go to Menu > Edit interaction, then scroll down and click "Save".

Then press WinKey + R, and paste "%appdata%/yiffalicious/interactions/local/"

Please upload your saved interaction somewhere.
    It does not always happen with the same interactions. If you look at the Imgur album, I posted a screenshot of the same interaction (Run 1) in both a faulty and a working state.

Regardless, I just went through a ton of scenes outside of VR mode, but I was unable to reproduce the bug. So it seems to be VR specific, and as such, I can't save the interaction once its bugged since there is no such option in the VR menu.