Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

VR Control System - Overhall Needed

edited August 2017 in Suggestions
I love your game and all but its VR control system sucks >_<.

I wish it had a Xbox one/360 controller support option.
I started playing this game called "Waifu Sex Simulator 2.4 - COMPLETE COLLECTION" i recently downloaded its graphics are shitty compared to Yiffalicious but its control system for xbox controller  and supporting leap motion for touching body like interacting with the boobs and butt was nice.

Whats annoying for me right now is when am using VR and am facing a different direction from start point VR the W, S, A, D dont move from new point your facing but default starting point.

Just test out the game "Waifu Sex Simulator" most current version is 2.4 and you will see how simple it is.

Also hate how i cant access all option game has in normal gameplay in VR please do something similar to what game i said showed T_T.

So far only two games i love are Yiffalicious & Waifu Sex Simulator with VR on desktop.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 2:11PM
    Unseenkilla said: Whats annoying for me right now is when am using VR and am facing a different direction from start point VR the W, S, A, D dont move from new point your facing but default starting point.
    If I understand you correctly, you want WASD to move camera according to the current camera (HMD) orientation rather than the "body" rotation the camera is attached to? That could be implemented quite easily, but I have never heard anyone voice such a request before. The reset vr device option in the VR menu isn't what you're looking for, right?
  • edited 2:11PM
    Easiest solution to your VR problems might be to just buy a Steam Controller. I have mine set up so that the triggers are the mouse buttons, bumpers are mousewheel up/down, left stick is WASD, right pad is mouse, Y and A move up and down (E and Q), X and B are mouse 4 and 5 (prev/next snapshot), left squeeze is shift, right squeeze is F8 to reset view. The Steam button even opens up the SteamVR menu, and you can navigate the menu with the controller, just like Big Picture mode.

What Yiffalicious uses in VR is basically "cockpit-style" locomotion without a visible cockpit, I've also heard it called "capsule" locomotion since most game engines basically have the player stuck inside an invisible, capsule-shaped object. It takes some getting used to (I got motion sick as shit for the first week), but it works fine if you're trying to line up your body in PoV mode, or just to watch scenes from whatever angle you want. You just have to get used to using the mouse to turn, and resetting the view with F8 if you physically move too much. It took me a week to get used to it, but now nothing makes me motion sick in VR anymore.

I also kinda figure there isn't going to be a whole lot of point in trying to revamp the controls before YL2.

That said, I'd love to see VR and motion controller integration in the YL2 character editor! Something kind of like this, but maybe with a better interface for changing the sliders. https://virtuallynaked.tumblr.com/post/163937536441/release-0-1
  • edited 2:11PM
    or a Logitech Controller might work as well?