Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

YL2 Character Creation Question

Howdy everyone,

sooo, recently I've been skimming through all the wonderful YL2 news that are finally available for public view now, and as I so happened to stumble over some pictures of new character models, one question came up instantaneously: will we have both genders for each model? Like for example, if we have a horse model, will we be able to choose it's gender? Or will we only get one gender per model, like we did in YL1? 

Also, will there be some kind of muscle slider (not fat slider)? Because I'd really love to be able to choose if I want my character more muscular or rather without any muscles.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    edited 12:00PM
    Howdy Oozaru,

You'll be able to select from 3 different genders (male, female and herm) when creating a character. Tits will be configurable on all, so if you want a dickgirl you can select male for gender and then just configure the tits.

Muscle and fatness will definitely be possible to configure. I feel confident to say we're going beyond what others offer in that regard.
  • edited 12:00PM
    Sounds amazing! Can't wait to actually play it. You've made this humble girl here very happy, good sir. :3
    odes said: I feel confident to say we're going beyond what others offer in that regard.
    Can you elaborate on "others"? I mean, do you have any program/game in mind when you set your goal as how thorough the character creator must be?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Horsie said: Can you elaborate on "others"? I mean, do you have any program/game in mind when you set your goal as how thorough the character creator must be?
    We're trying to do the furry community justice in a way I have yet to seen in any other product.
    Great to hear, godspeed YL team.
  • edited August 2017
    @odes ;
    Will the clit be something we could change in size?  Just curious; wondering if we can create characters with psuedo-penises. 
  • odesodes Administrator
    Waves said: Will the clit be something we could change in size?  Just curious; wondering if we can create characters with psuedo-penises. 
    Do you have any reference images to give us a better idea of what you have in mind?
    Why only the clit? Why not also inner and outer lips?
  • edited September 2017
    I think TheKlub17 (a free and enhanced version of 3D SexVilla) had that option of changing the clitoris, inner and outer labia sizes, as well as their "direction", so you could basically make anything that would resemble those from this image:
    http://cf.girlsaskguys.com/q1479324/2a22c3ed-584d-4715-af2f-bf487688d0f4.jpg

This is also an image of an ambiguous genitalia, so you can see how the influence of hormones can change the clitoris size and shape:
    http://uiohospitalsnclinics.adam.com/graphics/images/en/17050.jpg

But if you type "big clit vagina" in Google images, you will know what he meant.
    In some of those images, the clitoral hood acts as closely to a foreskin it can.
    I know about TK17. Was my go-to program before YL. But you can't alter so the vagina so much. Or, at least not as much I wanted to.
    @odes
    https://m.imgur.com/32kN9LD
    https://m.imgur.com/6uImIMU
    Basically like a long thicc pinkish/red sausage, kinda like a canine penis without the knot. It could act like a penis in the app and even have an "ejaculation" feature but instead the cum is clear.
  • edited September 2017
    Loool. Interesting, where this topic is heading. XD

I have another question, tho. Will there be sliders in the character editor, or will it be clay-forming-like, like in EVE Online or Sims 4? And will we be able to customize face features as well? Like eye size, eye shape, muzzle size, nose size and type, and so on...?
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited September 2017
    Waves said: Basically like a long thicc pinkish/red sausage, kinda like a canine penis without the knot. It could act like a penis in the app and even have an "ejaculation" feature but instead the cum is clear.
    We'll take it into consideration but it's not a priority.

Oozaru said: Will there be sliders in the character editor, or will it be clay-forming-like, like in EVE Online or Sims 4? And will we be able to customize face features as well? Like eye size, eye shape, muzzle size, nose size and type, and so on...?
    If I understand their implementation correctly, the direct manipulation of shape in these editors is just another interface to the same thing. I.e., instead of dragging a slider somewhere, you're dragging a "virtual" slider based on the current selection and direction.

Sliders are naturally easier to implement, and since we want to get something out sooner rather than later, I think we will go with that option. Building a morph manipulation interface like what these apps display is a project in itself.

You must understand we're just a 2 man team (with some more help hired occasionally), and there are limits to what we can create if we intend to get something out in a timely manner.

We haven't really gotten to face customization yet. Right now we're working on body morphing. I reckon face features will be possible to customize to some extent, and hopefully expanded as time goes on.
  • edited September 2017
    odes said: We haven't really gotten to face customization yet. Right now we're working on body morphing. I reckon face features will be possible to customize to some extent, and hopefully expanded as time goes on.
    You guys should definely take a look on the Sims 3 customization options for dogs, cats and horses, specialy their heads. I always found those pretty sweet and the use of presets also made things easier (basically you selected a type of muzzel, nose, eyes and ears and used sliders to tune it further).
    DrunkDragon said: I know about TK17. Was my go-to program before YL. But you can't alter so the vagina so much. Or, at least not as much I wanted to.
    Maybe I got a modded version? Now that I come to think of it, it was a very shady and hard to get "game" at the time and it came with a lot of patches and addons from where I downloaded it.
  • edited September 2017
    @odes
    Yeah, I personally believe the most important part of the customization is in the face/head- it's what really defines the character(s). Having as little limits as possible in regards to the head would be astronomically great; but whatever is possible for you guys :)

Thanks for taking the psuedo-penis into consideration!
    Maybe you guys should implement the possibility to add custom sliders in the game. Sims 3 had this option, and I loved creating my own face morphs for the character creator. <3 Just adding a few empty slider slots in  the game for custom sliders or something like that. That would be awesome.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @Oozaru ;
    can you elaborate on that feature? A recording from sims would be helpful.
    @nathan modsgarden website?
  • edited September 2017
    Not sure if you guys have ever heard of a software named "DesignDoll". It's for artists to create poses for references. But it's functions are really amazing. You can move the body parts however you want. You can even move every single finger on the hands and every single toe. Hell, you can even move every bone of every finger and toe. I wish we could have something like this in YL2. *___*
    odes
    Not sure, how to do that. .____. It was somehow already written in the game's code or engine code. The game had a specific amount of sliders, but not all slider slots were used by the game. So players could make their own morphs and add them to the game as a modification (as a .package file, which were mod files in Sims 3).

On second thought... There were 2 third party programs needed to do that.

Here's a tutorial I found: http://modthesims.info/wiki.php?title=Tutorial:Creating_a_Bone-Based_Custom_Slider#Step_1GDN_Picking_a_Bone

As you can see, you have to use the CAS Slider Template tool and S3PE, which are both third party tools made by Sims 3 modders. SO I guess this would not be as simple in YL2. :P
    @Oozaru ;
    What odes is asking is to you to record in a video what's exactly what you want to show from the Sims. 
    If you graphics card is from AMD (Radeon), you can use the app "Radeon Relive", if your card is from nVidia, use "ShadowPlay". If neither, or you can't find the software on your computer, just download OBS (it's free), record what you want, and save the resulting video.
    Then, you can upload it to Youtube or similar. In Youtube remember to set the option that flags the video as adult stuff. After the upload finishes, you can paste here the youtube URL.
  • edited September 2017
    @Horsie 
    Yeah, I get what he means. And I use fraps for recording, not shadowplay. ^^ 

Bur as I said, in SIms 3 third party tools were needed for creating sliders, which you then could add into the game. I can't record this feature, because you don't see how it works in game. You just have additional, custom sliders beside the vanilla ones, which you can use. That's why I put the link to that tutorial in my previous post. 2 third party tools are needed, to make those sliders. Well, technically 3, if you also count the 3D software, with which you create the morphs. 

Not sure of you guys could simply add some kind of tool, with which we could then create our own sliders and add them to the game. But it would definitely be a nice feature for those of us, who have experience with creating face and body morphs for custom sliders and who would like to expand the YL2 character editor.