Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Downloads are Corrupt

edited September 2018 in Issues
OK, so this has been mentioned a while back - after downloading the program from the website, attempting to open will pop up either a "Cannot open file" error (For the 7zip archive) or a "Setup files are Corrupt" error (For the Installer).
I've attempted downloading a couple times now, and this has happened every time.
Do note, I have been attempting to get the x64 version, and haven't tried the x32 one - will update as to whether that works or not. But still, the x64 downloads do appear to be broken. Probably on your end.

Comments

• edited September 2018
    Yup, just tested - x32 installer download is also corrupt.
    Also tested the Torrent version of the download (Despite not really wanting to use a torrent again after the last virus I got), and that worked.

To clarify: the HTTP downloads are all broken, but Torrent works fine.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Hi there.

I'm unable to reproduce this issue. Downloads are working for us.

Are you using some kind of download accelerator for your browser? They are notorious for causing corrupt downloads.
  • edited September 2018
    I just downloaded the x64 zip file, no errors on that one.
  • Huh, really? Hmmm... OK then.
    No, I'm not using a download accelerator - didn't even know they existed.
    I AM using Firefox Incognito mode though - that might have something to do with it.
    Anyways, I got it working through the Torrent, so it's all good!
  • odesodes Administrator
    @Drakath
    Another user seemed to have the same issue, so two people bringing this up within a few days is too many to be a coincidence. So I definitely think something is wrong.

I know this a lot to ask, but I would be super grateful if you could open the corrupted file in something like HxD and show me what the beginning and the end of the file looks like? As well as its size.

I'm wondering if the file was downloaded completely, or if there's some junk being prepended or appended to the file.