Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

(YL2) Pose Mirroring Slightly Askew

Love the "game", I've never found entertainment in character creation until now, screwing around with everything is pretty fun too. Although I have found one problem; I'm not sure if anyone has noticed it, as the issue is very slight; regardless though, it's killing me.

When mirroring any part of the skeleton when in pose mode, it mirrors the opposite end slightly off. The example I've provided below is a fresh character with no pose that I've moved down to place the feet on the ground so it can be used as reference.

https://imgur.com/77wLuqD

You can see in the image, that her right foot is higher and slightly angled more than her left foot, which is what I mirrored. This happens with every body part that can be mirrored.

Comments

• I thought the same thing in the editor until I realised that you need to reset the rotation as well as the position of the joints. If you press R on the joints their rotation will be reset.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited January 2020
    The mirroring works relative to the pelvis. So if the pelvis is slightly rotated, so will the limbs be when mirrored.

If you reset the pelvis rotation by selecting the node and pressing R and then re-mirror the limb, does it work as expected?
  • edited January 2020
    Yeah I know the pelvis is the base for mirroring and resetting/deactivating joints, but I've tried it anyways. Unfortunately, the problem persists.

I implore you to try it yourselves and see. What I did was open the game, load a new character, go to pose, move the body downwards, put the left/right foot on the ground (made it look nice) and mirror it. Using the ground as a reference, you will see that the opposite foot doesn't lay flat like the foot it was mirrored from.

EDIT: Coming back after trying it again, It seems as though the pelvis is the culprit, but resetting it doesn't resolve this issue as it resets to its standard position, that's the problem; its standard position is off-kilter.

Pressing X to change the transform space to relative to the pelvis' rotation shows that its baseline rotation spawns it askew.

https://imgur.com/PQIqF6X

The image shows the pelvis after I clicked on it, pressed E (Rotate), then X (Change transform space).

Although the pelvis looks perfectly fine and doesn't seem to be oriented in the fashion that its rotation gimbal represents... I believe I've found the problem: It seems the pelvis' rotation gimbal is off-kilter and that is what's throwing the mirror askew.
  • odesodes Administrator
    Nice find. I can confirm the pelvis is not properly aligned axis wise. It's fine in the source content, so it has to be somewhere in the code where the pelvis gets distorted. Adding to todo list.
  • Great! Glad to see the vigilance in fixing even these small problems :)