Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Enabling VR on normal screens

I was wondering what the exact steps are to enable VR mode... including if the engine doesn't detect a headset. I have one I bought recently, but it's not set up as a real headset due to some hardware and software limitations on my machine: It's powered via phone charger cable but connected to the HDMI port, meaning I can use it as a standard display and see anything with side-by-side stereoscopy on it. While this means no head tracking, I can still make use of the visual part.

If I start the normal exe (not the one labeled "_novr") I don't see anything different, nor any setting or shortcut to enable it. Is there a trick to turn VR format on using any display? Note that I use Linux and am currently running YL 1.0 on WINE.

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    I don't know if that is even possible. Unity only seems to render VR if it detects a VR device.
  • Ah... that is unfortunate. My headset should theoretically do that, but I don't know if it will on Linux then Unity can also detect it through WINE. Especially since the headset shuts down if I plug the USB port into the computer, hence why I need to plug it into the power socket directly. Thanks for clarifying.
  • For some reason, when I use it in VR mode, the view is off to my right and you have to use the mouse to click the 18+ disclaimer. Try looking around in VR.