Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

fluff coloring?

Am I some kind of moron? Is there a way to color fluff groups or has that not been implemented? Tried to use the color options on the sculpt brush with no result. Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Fluff uses the colour of the underlying mesh, so applying a colour mask to the same area the fluff is in will do the trick. There's probably a few others tricks to it, but I haven't had enough time to really experiment with it yet. I'm sure others can enlighten us further, though.
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited February 2020
    You are able to color fluff instances, but it's undocumented and rather difficult to figure out. Here's how it works.

1. Fluff decides its color based off the color mask.
    2. This color mask goes from black to white, where black means "pick source color", and white means "pick color from gradient".
    3. If no color mask is used, then black (source color) is used.
    4. To paint a custom color, you need to reference a color mask and a color gradient.
    5. Once you've done this, you can sculpt COLOR_T to move the instances' value on the gradient between 0 - 1. (By default, it's 0, i.e. in the gradient's leftmost position.)
    6. You can also sculpt color alpha, deciding how much of the gradient to use on the instance (or none at all).

Hope that helps!

• Thanks very much for the advice. Will give it a try