Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can You Disable the Character Max in YL1

SO I have a pc that can handle whatever,
(AMD TR 8Core 4.7GHz)
(64GB RAM DDR4)
(GTX 1660Ti OC)
(480GB SSD)
 and I just want to know if disabling this is program-breaking or if it's a safety precaution. If not it isn't that important.

Thanks

Comments

• DogsonDogson Administrator
    Do you mean max amount of characters in the scene or, for example, max amount of inflation.

Just be a bit more specific and I'm sure we can help you out.  :)
  • Do you mean max amount of characters in the scene or, for example, max amount of inflation.

I'd assume it's max characters but if it's possible to disable either it would be good to know

• max characters
  • I didn't mean to be so vague. I would like upwards of 11 characters in my scene and I'm sure my computer can render it
  • odesodes Administrator
    It's not possible to increase the character max. It was a limit we set for performance reasons. You could theoretically hack the app to increase the limit, if you have the skill...
  • Damn. Thanks for the response; if I wanted to "hack" the app what steps would I have to follow?
  • odesodes Administrator
    I don't have the expertise, but it's essentially just a if statement somewhere in the code checking if a variable (character count) is less than or equal to 8. That if-statement could be changed to always be true.
  • How would I access the code? I'm assuming I would need a copy of Unity?
  • odesodes Administrator
    The code is compiled into a dll. It ships with the app. You'd have to find some way to change it. This is not trivial. I don't have the expertise to help you with this.
  • edited August 2020
    If anyone has the knowledge on how to increase the max on sliders I'd greatly appreciate the insight! :)