Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Transparent texture

I once again turn in to your advice Yiffalicious forum.

If I want to create a transparent object like a visor or window and import it to the game, how can I make it the way it stays transparent? Transparent texture and in-game albedo just make it look gray with on other skin under. 

Please give me your guidance. 

Comments

• odesodes Administrator
    Transparency is currently not possible to achieve. It will be though.

If you want to do glasses, the best way to fake it is to use high metallic and smoothness.
  • Thanks for the answer! In the meantime, I have to figure something else.

One other thing: When you extract a model from the game it's missing its nipples while other parts are not. Are they not included for reason or am I doing things wrong? 
  • @odes
    Transparency is currently not possible to achieve. It will be though.
    Actually, it is possible by using the hair material shader with a transparent image as the texture, as we confirmed here:
    http://forum.yiffalicious.com/discussion/comment/8332/#Comment_8332

I haven't had a chance to test it out beyond that initial attempt in the linked thread yet, but it seems like it will work to produce the desired effect, even if it isn't quite "true" transparency. Since the hair shader can only be applied to parts, though, you're limited to those, so no making translucent characters just yet. Making that an option could be something worth investigating with Halloween coming up, would give us the ability to make spooky ghost characters and such in time for the holidays.
  • odesodes Administrator
    One other thing: When you extract a model from the game it's missing its nipples while other parts are not. Are they not included for reason or am I doing things wrong? 
    Nipples get their shape from the shader, so they're not easily exported. The underlying mesh is actually "flat".

• I see. The lack of nipples while making different objects can be sometimes frustrating but sometimes compromises must be made.

Keep up the good work!