Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Maintenance Release Additions/Fixes

edited March 2018 in Suggestions
Hi guys,
@odes mentioned the possibility of a maintenance release for Yiff 1. This topic is meant to collect all the additions/fixes people would like to see to Yiff 1 if this were to happen.
A note in that I don't think the intention is that they're going to add a ton more things, probably within the bounds of what already can be done in the game.
This topic will be updated with the requests so everything can be found in one part.

Bugs
  • Charlotte rendering issues (Will post more on this when I see it, basically she starts appearing brown/half of her appears brown or something. Reset game required). - som2040
  • Leg spreader cuffs sometimes resize themselves to 0 when parented to pelvis nodes (maybe others too), seems to be when the cuff with the resizer is parented to a male. - arrkhal
  • Sometimes invisible characters are visible, and you have to move the slider back and forth and re-save until it works. - arrkhal
  • I've noticed this for Maya, the bunny, and the cat. When you put a custom skin in for the eyes, it's semi-transparent and the default eyes bleed through. - Cosmic_FS (Note, I have actually seen this happen on Illinir body skins on the fantasy level, not sure if related - som2040)
Skinning (In Game)
  • Maya's hair is currently unable to be skinned in game. - dynamiteftw
  • Khana's tail hair is unable to be skinned in game. - som2040
  • All Charlotte's hair slots have some kind of effect applied to them (A normal hair without effects would be appreciated). - som2040
  • Illinir's hair slots have some kind of effect applied to them (A normal hair without effects would be appreciated). - som2040
  • In general, extra plain skin slots on all characters may be worthwhile (in particular, the ones that only have a single skin currently) - som2040
  • Option for Bunny to hide hair. - li6
  • Finn's penis is not skinninable - li6
  • Charlotte's penis is not skinnable - som2040
  • Fox penis folder is not appropriately named (or folder structure different to others since there's no Penis folder) - li6
  • Elaine's hair has no additional skin slots - Li6
Skinning (Outside Game)
  • Missing default assets for Elaine's hair and eyes - dynamiteftw
  • Missing default assets for Horses hair - dynamiteftw
  • Missing default assets for Bunny Hair - dynamiteftw
  • Missing default assets for Khana hair/tail hair - dynamiteftw
  • Missing default assets for Fox penis (May be same as Wolf penis?)
  • Futanari Charlotte does not have a separate penis - som2040
  • Futanari Charlotte seems to have issues with seams - som2040
  • Maya's hair is missing from the 3d model - dynamiteftw
  • Not all of Illinir teeth seem to be defined in the uv? (maybe only regular illinir) - som2040

Gotta run, will add more later (and whatever anyone else has added).

Comments

• bunny without hair, just like the cat and other females have that option
    the penis of foxfemboy does not work on the skin manager
    the penis of fin is not customized
  • Different skins for Fin
  • edited February 2018
    Elaine's eyes and hair are missing as well as Horse's hair.
  • @odes
    Will the download llink be updated with all of what was missing?
  • Leg spreader cuffs sometimes resize themselves to 0 when parented to pelvis nodes (maybe others too), seems to be when the cuff with the resizer is parented to a male.

Sometimes invisible characters are visible, and you have to move the slider back and forth and re-save until it works.
  • @som2040
    Maya's hair skinning issue is also outside game. You can't make a skin for it because it's not even there. As well as Khana's hair/tail hair, Bunny's hair, and Femfox penis.
  • edited February 2018
    @dynamiteftw
    Good catch on Maya's hair. It's completely missing.
    Can you clarify what you mean by the others though? They are all in the 3d files from what I can tell, and all skinnable in game (apart from Khana tail hair).
    I've been assuming that you mean the default assets/skin is not included, but please clarify if that's not the case, Some things we're requesting may require engine changes (More skin slots/slots without filters) while others may not (Such as adding default assets).
  • @som2040
    Oh nvm. What I mean was that since I didn't see any hair textures, I though they were missing. However, unlike the hair textures, Elaine's eyes aren't in the files either.
  • edited February 2018
    I just though the the hair from all of those characters would came with like a hair-like texture that you would just have to paint over it. Oitherwise wouldn't it just look like a plain color texture over it in-game?
  • edited February 2018
    So I just want to make sure we're separating default assets being provided (Which would just be providing a png file) as opposed to something not actually being skinnable (Either by missing in the 3d file and/or missing as an option in the game itself).
    Assume that the former would just be providing some kinda png they might have somewhere, while the latter would likely require engine changes or something like that.

Or to put things simply. We're asking for a clear and specific thing. Whether that's an art asset, a change to the 3d model, or a change to the engine.
  • option to leave the invisible tail
    bunny, horse, wolf, cat and foxfemboy has no name
    the rhino penis is not customized
    option to customize the horns of fraenir
  • In solo mode, if you add a female character and start recording snapshots in the inflation category, it will not record as recorded in previous versions
  • V-sync doesn't seem to properly work (at least for me). When turning it on, it limits it to 30fps instead of 60fps, almost like it has a halved refresh rate. Could be intentional, but it would be nice to have a 60fps v-sync to have less screen tearing (which i only witness very rarely, surprisingly). 
  • odesodes Administrator
    edited February 2018
    @freenuts_xd

If your computer is unable to maintain 60 fps, it will go down to 30 if vsync is enabled (if your monitor's refresh rate is 60hz, otherwise half of whatever refresh rate you have). This behavior is expected and a consequence of how vsync works. I'm not sure how vsync and the framerate cap setting work inside unity, but in case your computer should be able to go beyond 60 fps, try lifting or completely removing the framerate cap when vsync is enabled.
  • odesodes Administrator
    @dynamiteftw
    I'm not sure if I understand your question correctly, but if we ever get to pushing out this maintenance release, it's mainly to fix the missing skin slots.
  • @odes
    For example, the cat has her own hair texture un a png file. I was wondering if the others are suposed to have that or not.
  • i wish that fox penis could have hes place in the skin manage slots, its kinda boring have to aways remove manually the skin when i wanna try something different, changing the appdata folders name for fox skins didnt worked either
  • @som2040
    I've noticed this for Maya, the bunny, and the cat. When you put a custom skin in for the eyes, it's semi-transparent and the default eyes bleed through.
  • Elaine deer there is no option for hair.
  • @Li6
    The hair textures for almost everyone is missing.
  • My suggestion: The load interaction menu (for our local interactions) to remember the last page we've been. It's kind of annoying to scroll through all my interactions from the beginning again just because I loaded a scene.  :(
  • @ DocS This.
    I miss the slider bar from the earlier versions. If you save ALOT of interactions, it's a bit of a chore to flip through 10-20+pages to find the one you want.
  • odesodes Administrator
    A work-around for now is to star the interactions you want to save. That will save them locally and make them accessible through the interaction browser in the "Starred" tab, even without internet access. There you can use pages and even filters.
  • How about giving the horse and the other old "original" chars more skin slots? :p

(I'd ask additional expression slider for the horse too but I'm trying to stay realistic)
  • May I ask is there any new info on this happening ?
  • odesodes Administrator
    Nothing has really changed, we're still working on YL2 and will continue to do so in the foreseeable future.
  • Some of these can be fixed / sort-of-fixed. Some with modifying the serialized data other with replacing with different assets. This is better done by the skilled authors, but can be done also by low skill hacks as well... this is series of observations by low skill hack, heh ::

Not all of Illinir teeth seem to be defined in the uv? (maybe only regular illinir) - som2040
       Regular dragoness and Futa dragoness use different UV for some parts, since futa dragoness required space for different parts. The teeth are one of these pieces moved. In the FBX file for the regular dragoness provided with the asset download, the body object was accidentally made from the futa UV scheme instead of the regular UV scheme, so these parts are in the wrong place.
       This OBJ file is of the regular dragoness body, with the correct UVs. Import the FBX into a drawing program or program such as Blender and replace the body object with this one and then UV will be exported correctly.

[ https://mega.nz/#!6Cg31a6T!KymutWk2VNNPVhMpNAAzf-TlsIGxQHaQHaFoIjjnLPo ]

Maya's hair is missing from the 3d model
    Here is the OBJ of the hair.  You can add it to the imported FBX. It might need to be rotated The hair actually has no UV. It is a flat, solid color only, so even if this was provided, there could be no painting on it. The actual model would need to be replaced in the program with one that has UV.

[ https://mega.nz/#!Kb5ClYKT!xwA8CTj8a2ddzb0VWmv5qeCC-Y9ldwrg11t4SLFMfMM ]

However, the object that defines the skin color could still be created to allow specified colors, but would be have to be done with game edits, not texture picture files.

Futanari Charlotte seems to have issues with seams
       There are two textures used for shaders in the program that modify the presenttion of normals for models. In the Futa version of charlotte, it was forgotten to re-paint these textures to apply to the male portions of the model, so there appears to be seams as normals are motphed with blendshapes.
       Although this is not much use to %99 of people, it may be useful to some...  here is the two files that need to be replaced to get seams gone. I am not entirely sure I did this right,  but it seems to work (ha).

[ https://mega.nz/#!6fpjkRaA!hjwNP4r_twTWwGUe-lV34YCa-iulAGOs5hYzoOea9Ek ]

Futanari Charlotte does not have a separate penis
    Not sure what this means. it seems to exist and be separate.

Missing default assets for Fox penis (May be same as Wolf penis?)
    Yes, same as wolf penis. The models are not actually quite the same in both topography and topology, but UV unwrap is identical, so texture picture is the same. Just use wolf asset.

Missing default assets for Khana hair/tail hair
    Missing default assets for Bunny Hair
    Missing default assets for Horses hair
    Missing default assets for Elaine's hair and eyes
    These could be found, takes a little time to obtain

Fox penis folder is not appropriately named (or folder structure different to others since there's no Penis folder)
    Custom "SkinController" script type created by authors is missing the type name for the fox penis. Instead of saying "Penis" string for the category name, it is a 0-length string. Can be fixed by modifying serialized data in place, but cannot be fixed with a file download. position 0x30 should be 4-byte integer for "5" followed by "Penis" 5-byte ascii string and then three 0x00 bytes.

Various  "not skinnable"  or  "add skin slots" or "hide xxxx"
    Unfortunately, this requires editing the program. Custom mono behavior for program must be edited to provide more slots for the object,  and in some cases, the object must have a new script applied to make it skinnable.
       This is indeed doable, as I have done it,  but requires editing the serialized data in place,  not giving a file to download to just add into the data folders.If this is done, it does not seem to break saving/loading even in games where the edits have not been done. The material slots just revert to default if it seems one program instance receives an invalid material slot during load.
       In other words, should not break cloud-uploaded scenes.

Various  "effect applied to them"
    There are a number of objects that have color, transparency or other affects applied to the object through the material properties. Each slot may have slightly different effects,  like greater or lower alpha or different diffuse colors. Like, the cat with various colors. The colors are specified in the material properties,  so if a texture is given for the "Blue" hair, whatever colors are in the texture will be overlaid with a "Blue" tint since the material applies a blue overlay to the texture.
       This requires editing the material properties used for a skin slot and removing or changing any effects.This requires editing serialized data in the program, but can indeed be done.

I've noticed this for Maya, the bunny, and the cat. When you put a custom skin in for the eyes, it's semi-transparent and the default eyes bleed through
    Dunno have not seen.

Sometimes invisible characters are visible, and you have to move the slider back and forth and re-save until it works
    Dunno, have not seen it.

Leg spreader cuffs sometimes resize themselves to 0 when parented to pelvis nodes (maybe others too), seems to be when the cuff with the resizer is parented to a male
    I haven't looked at this, I don't know.

Charlotte rendering issues (Will post more on this when I see it, basically she starts appearing brown/half of her appears brown or something. Reset game required).
    I haven't seen this.

• edited June 2018
    In case nobody has said it before in this thread, new sex sounds  would be awesome. The original sound effects are getting really stale and take away from the experience now. Sometimes I just play without sound entirely.

If you guys need help I could probably record some for free. Let me know.
  • A delete button for the saved interactions would also be helpful. Its kindofa chore to do it manually in windows.