Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can't download 5.3

2»

Comments

• edited 12:52AM
    @odes that's what I'm worried about
    @lovalicious No, you cannot. The only laptops which support swapping the card tend to cost well over $1000. And the MXM cards are usually double the cost of the standard size.  Your options are to buy a new laptop with a better GPU, or buy a desktop. The desktop is the cheapest solution here. But I won't lie and say I've never spent $1200 on a good laptop before.
    @Phillip I think it's kinda ridiculous to buy a new computer, just to use an app about animals fornicating with each other.
    @lovalicious It's a computer. In your case, if you're a gamer, then it may be an investment for other uses. If not, then yeah, I agree with you in some regards. I upgrade my machine when it starts running slow for my games. I'd be somewhat inclined to upgrade if this started to reasonably demand more from my PC. Somewhat.

But as just a simple logic tho. If you want this to run faster then you will need to upgrade from a series of GPUs with known performance issues with DX11 functions. They actually have a higher performance cost for Tessellation than AMD cards do, but without the greater processing power that AMD cards have. 
    @Phillip Thank you for your suggestion.

I think I delved far enough into this problem, I'd like this thread to be closed now.
This discussion has been closed.